We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Trump Presidency

(05-15-2017, 06:53 PM)Qvait Wrote: *snip*

[Image: Computer-Guy-Facepalm.jpg]
RandomGuy199
Representative of the Federal Republic of Karnetvor
Resident Venezuelan/Lampshade Bar & Grill Manager- The South Pacific
Soldier, South Pacific Special Forces

"You're talkin' to the Rolex wearin', diamond ring wearin', kiss stealin', wheelin' n' dealin', limousine ridin', jet flyin', son of a gun, and I'm having a hard time keeping these alligators down!"

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

The New York Times and NBC News are reporting that the mystery ally whose intelligence-sharing agreement Trump violated was Israel. Well, we might as well say that Mossad just lost one of their spies in ISIS. Trump, who campaigned in the defense of Israel, gave highly classified information to Russia, one of Iran's biggest allies. Without a doubt, Trump just threw Israel under the bus. Before we knew who it was, I thought it was either Jordan or Saudi Arabia that we crossed, but it wasn't! It was Israel, the United States' biggest ally in the Middle East! Unbelievable!

Update: It never ends. The New York Times, NBC News, CNN, and others have confirmed that memos written by then-FBI Director James Comey state that Trump asked him to end the investigation into Michael Flynn, the former National Security Advisor. That is obstruction of justice. I wonder which it will be for Trump: impeachment, resignation, or natural death, because he will not be completing his term.

Update: Israeli intelligence officers are "boiling mad" over what Trump did as it "confirms their worst fears."
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History

(05-16-2017, 02:44 PM)Qvait Wrote:
Update: It never ends. The New York Times, NBC News, CNN, and others have confirmed that memos written by then-FBI Director James Comey state that Trump asked him to end the investigation into Michael Flynn, the former National Security Advisor. That is obstruction of justice. I wonder which it will be for Trump: impeachment, resignation, or natural death, because he will not be completing his term.

Update: Israeli intelligence officers are "boiling mad" over what Trump did as it "confirms their worst fears."

Though it doesn't mean that I agree with what Trump is doing, Obama did a similar act to that which you are calling "obstruction of justice" when he told the FBI not to investigate Clinton's emails.

(05-17-2017, 02:17 PM)Alarii Wrote:

Though it doesn't mean that I agree with what Trump is doing, Obama did a similar act  to that which you are calling "obstruction of justice" when he told the FBI not to investigate Clinton's emails.

That's not true, though. I'm reading an article on National Review, conservative news site, and they're getting it wrong too. Not once did Obama tell FBI Director James Comey to end the investigation, he only voiced his opinion on the matter. With respect to the Michael Flynn investigation, the problem wasn't that Donald Trump voiced his opinion by saying that Flynn is 'a good man,' the problem was him personally asking Comey to end the investigation. But, with all of the other news, one memo was buried in the news cycle: there's another memo alleging that Trump wanted Comey to lock up journalists. That is not normal.

My History

BREAKING: the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller (2001–2013) as a special prosecutor for the Russia investigation.

Note: Robert Mueller has worked for five different presidents: Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.

Update: Guess what? The New York Times is reporting that the Trump team knew that soon-to-be National Security Advisor Michael Flynn was under federal investigation.

Quote:
"Michael T. Flynn told President Trump’s transition team weeks before the inauguration that he was under federal investigation for secretly working as a paid lobbyist for Turkey during the campaign, according to two people familiar with the case.

Despite this warning, which came about a month after the Justice Department notified Mr. Flynn of the inquiry, Mr. Trump made Mr. Flynn his national security adviser. The job gave Mr. Flynn access to the president and nearly every secret held by American intelligence agencies.

Mr. Flynn’s disclosure, on Jan. 4, was first made to the transition team’s chief lawyer, Donald F. McGahn II, who is now the White House counsel. That conversation, and another one two days later between Mr. Flynn’s lawyer and transition lawyers, shows that the Trump team knew about the investigation of Mr. Flynn far earlier than has been previously reported."
The New York Times

Update: It keeps getting worse. The Miami Herald is reporting that the Obama Administration wanted the incoming administration to decide whether to support a military operation with Syrian Kurdish forces to take the ISIS capital of Raqqa, but Michael Flynn shut it down — after being paid by Turkey.

Update: When will it end? Reuters is reporting that the Trump team had 18 undisclosed contacts with Russian government officials during the last seven months of the presidential campaign.

Update: Senator Lindsey Graham has announced that the Russia investigation has shifted from a counterintelligence investigation into a criminal investigation.

My History

(05-17-2017, 04:58 PM)Qvait Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 02:17 PM)Alarii Wrote:

Though it doesn't mean that I agree with what Trump is doing, Obama did a similar act  to that which you are calling "obstruction of justice" when he told the FBI not to investigate Clinton's emails.

That's not true, though. I'm reading an article on National Review, conservative news site, and they're getting it wrong too. Not once did Obama tell FBI Director James Comey to end the investigation, he only voiced his opinion on the matter. With respect to the Michael Flynn investigation, the problem wasn't that Donald Trump voiced his opinion by saying that Flynn is 'a good man,' the problem was him personally asking Comey to end the investigation. But, with all of the other news, one memo was buried in the news cycle: there's another memo alleging that Trump wanted Comey to lock up journalists. That is not normal.

According to the article, Trump never personally told Comey to let it go. Trump just said that letting it go was what the president hoped for.
Also in the article that you were reading, it says that if speculations are correct, Trump's memo was a similar thing as the meeting in the office. So therefore, there was no obstruction of justice in the memo or the meeting.

I'm going to research it as well, but could you get me some sources on the memo about jailing up journalists? I'm curious to read more about that.

(05-18-2017, 03:54 PM)Alarii Wrote: According to the article, Trump never personally told Comey to let it go. Trump just said that letting it go was what the president hoped for.
Also in the article that you were reading, it says that if speculations are correct, Trump's memo was a similar thing as the meeting in the office. So therefore, there was no obstruction of justice in the memo or the meeting.

I'm going to research it as well, but could you get me some sources on the memo about jailing up journalists? I'm curious to read more about that.

Here are some articles to read (other articles can be found using Google, Bing, etc.):
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/c...led-trump/
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/busin...ation.html
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-comey-pris...sia-610499

My History

Obstruction of justice is getting realer now. The New York Times is reporting that Trump told Russian officials that Comey's firing relieved "great pressure" on him.

Quote:President Trump told Russian officials in the Oval Office this month that firing the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, had relieved “great pressure” on him, according to a document summarizing the meeting.

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.”

Mr. Trump added, “I’m not under investigation.”

The conversation, during a May 10 meeting — the day after he fired Mr. Comey — reinforces the notion that Mr. Trump dismissed him primarily because of the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and Russian operatives. Mr. Trump said as much in one televised interview, but the White House has offered changing justifications for the firing.
The New York Times

My History

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cFFFN9JmYNs

This is either a good sign or a bad sign (I really want Trump impeached)
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

And a journalist just got assaulted by a congressional candidate in Montana. These times, man.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017...bs-montana

My History