We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Some things I feel like should be said but...

What moderate center has been driven out? The bulk of TSP has been, for many years, the types of players you're saying are driving people away. Yes, people have left the region, and those people tend to have been involved in some scandal or left because they lost at politics. But they decided to engage in it in the first place, so it's not like they're the chill apolitical people that are allegedly being driven away.

When I look at our history, I see plenty of new players that get involved and stick around. They've risen through the ranks of government, too. They haven't been driven out.

You mention Serres, but form what I understand, they don't really disagree with what I'm saying and actually think it might be worth having political parties too.

I'm not imposing anything on anybody. I'm just telling it how it is. If anything, you are trying to force players to act a certain way, rather than do what comes natural in a game built on rivalry. Reject it as much as you want, but your consensus building way of leadership isn't superior, and the politics of Gameplayers isn't inferior to it.

It's this constant tsk-tsk'ing that's causing problems, too. This desire to force people into a clean box of compromise and moderation, when some people just don't like each other and have polar opposite politics. That's what's led to this craziness of Sam still being on the CSS, Belschaft now denying there was a coup, and a bunch of other BS that wouldn't exist if it wasn't "divisive" to call people out. Like, stripping Sam of his RO powers (but not really, because it's "retroactive") was billed as a compromise that 98% of us agree with-- but it's not, actually. It's what you thought was a good compromise. But those of us who are actually the aggrieved party here weren't asked if we liked it! And that's really typical of the culture that has led us down this path in the first place. In a desire to just silence a controversial issue, somebody came up with a "moderate" position, but that decision hasn't addressed what the actual issue is in the first place.

If we were to just let people duke it out, it would be settled. Sam would either be in the CSS or not, based on votes and a political process that includes rhetoric, resignations, and people deciding they could live with it after getting the chance to actually put up a fight. That's not unhealthy and it's not a problem!

You want a government and elections, but you don't want politics. You want to count diehard enemies among the community, but you don't want them to fight. And the way I'm understand it, your solution is to have a group of apolitical "moderates" who get to make the final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Some things I feel like should be said but... - by sandaoguo - 03-08-2016, 02:23 PM