We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group

So, I decided to try this photo challenge as well. Idk if this is something, but, meh (302 words btw. I don't care if it's late!).

A Fishy Customer

I live in Cherrymaple Shore, a town in the State of Maple in the United States of Arginia. It’s a town known for cherry and maple tree cultivation in a coastal area, just like the name suggests. I own a small store in the suburbs, a custom in Maple (we have stores in our homes, so we can save money instead of actually buying buildings to operate our little shops).

One day, I heard a knock on my door. I proceeded to open the door, in hopes for a customer to purchase my selection of items available in my small store.

It was a customer, but not your average customer.

“Aaaah!”, I screamed, as I was terrified at what appeared at my very eyes.

“What?”, said the creature. I was shocked at his ability to even speak.

A talking octopus?! On land?! How could this be?!

He entered my house, looking at the tiny, improvised shelves of my shop. He grabbed a bag of Maple Pretzels (a kind of pretzel with hints of maple syrup popular in here), and a bottle of water from my store’s mini cooler, which I could describe as a makeshift commercial refrigerator you see in bigger markets.

“How much does this cost?”, the beast standing before me responded.

I was still in disbelief. I was so surprised I failed to respond immediately, and even then my response carried my feelings of speechlessness.

“$5.50…”

He took out a wallet from one of his tentacles, and handed me a five-dollar bill, plus one halfer (a common name for the 50 cents, like a quarter for 25 cents). As he finished paying, he left, eating his purchased foodstuff along his way.

I wonder what happened to that octopus after he left.
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group - by Seraph - 02-18-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group - by Ryccia - 03-04-2017, 10:25 PM
RE: The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group - by Yuno - 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM
The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group - by Seraph - 12-03-2017, 04:33 AM
The Silicon Pens - A Writers' Group - by Seraph - 01-02-2018, 07:43 AM