We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Roland For COA - Let's get back on track!

(11-03-2017, 02:34 PM)Belschaft Wrote: How would you deal with this hypothetical scenario;

A piece of legislation is brought before the Assembly and motioned to vote. Having reviewed it, you believe that it directly contradicts the Charter. What do you do?
Proceed as normal. It's not for the CoA to decide. That's an issue for the court.
(11-03-2017, 07:36 PM)Pronoun Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 11:45 AM)rolandarmstrong Wrote: I'd definitely be supportive of loosening moderation policy. 

Do you have any specifics as to this?
Yeah, as I said, I'd be against the current one-sentence rule, I specifically think moderation needs to be done on a case-by-case basis. I think that as long as it doesn't slow down debate, we don't need to be deleting posts like some over-conscious moderator.
(11-03-2017, 10:32 PM)Drall Wrote:
(11-03-2017, 11:45 AM)rolandarmstrong Wrote: However, I'd definitely be supportive of loosening moderation policy. 

Would you say your thoughts on this come from your consistent "run ins" with moderation in the Assembly?

Absolutely not. While this may seem like it's true, the moderation policy in the assembly currently doesn't fuel debate, as it should, and prevents debate from happening.

Thanks for the questions, guys, I enjoy answering them, keep them coming!
Signed,
[Image: tspsig.png]
Positions:
Legislator of The South Pacific
King of Machina, Defence Realm of Illuminati Alliance
Citizen of The East Pacific
Former Positions:
Overlord of Masterz
Seargant of HYDRA
Talon of Firehehlm
Munifiex of The Roman Empire
[Image: rv43j5bZ3p1Rs0A01odvThXy-TLzgwlhUTl_mY9E...66-h654-rw]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Roland For COA - Let's get back on track! - by rolandarmstrong - 11-04-2017, 01:39 PM