We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Can someone please recall the Permanent Justice?

Howdy!

I'm here to humbly petition the Assembly of the South Pacific to initiate the recall of Permanent Justice Kris Kringle.

You see, nearly six months ago I was charged with treason by Prime Minister Roavin, and yet nearly six months later I am still somehow awaiting a verdict. The reason I'm still awaiting a verdict is because the Permanent Justice has inexcusably delayed the proceedings of the trial not once, but multiple times. Meanwhile, though I'm sure few if any actually care about this, speedy trial is generally considered a vital component of a fair trial, which I'm guaranteed by the Charter. It's obvious that Kris Kringle has been derelict in his duty to provide me a fair trial and to keep the business of the High Court moving along, and insofar as he has presided over an unfair trial and not declared a mistrial because of his own dereliction, he has also abused his authority as Permanent Justice and violated the Charter. He meets all three grounds for recall. I mean really, six months? There's no viable excuse for that.

Unfortunately, as I am not a legislator, I can't move for his recall myself, so I'm asking if there is a single legislator who actually cares whether the High Court provides me -- or more importantly, anyone else -- with a fair trial, that they do me the courtesy of moving for the Permanent Justice's recall. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Can someone please recall the Permanent Justice? - by Cormac - 02-14-2018, 02:34 AM