We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's the deal with publicly tracking and shaming every nation that isn't endorsing

The purpose of including the list of nations in the dispatch is for a form of mass messaging, with a level of control not as feasible in other forms of messaging. For instance, with telegrams we either have to do an extremely slow process (several hours at least) for customized messages, or send a generic message to all WAs. The experimental dispatch system being tested here sends a notification to everyone tagged, which can be done quickly and have a finer control while not being as intrusive as TGing. It's not being pinned or particularly advertised either, so in most cases you won't even see it unless you're mentioned in it.

I'll be the first to admit the content of the dispatch still needs work, I've never been the best on the communications side. It's still pretty experimental, and I've reached out on multiple occasions seeking suggestions and feedback on how to improve it. I'd even added in an alphabetical sort, after I was TGed suggesting it. Any suggestions on how to improve the dispatches are welcome.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the deal with publicly tracking and shaming every nation that isn't endorsing - by Farengeto - 04-19-2018, 01:11 AM