We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What's the deal with publicly tracking and shaming every nation that isn't endorsing

I really don't appreciate being listed in a public manner on a list like this. I suggest the CRS find a more tactful way to reaching out to nations who are not endorsing them.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1009970
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

It's not a list of shame, it's a list of laziness!

More seriously, maybe the introduction section could be rephrased to give more of the impression of "hey, just letting you know" or "hey take a look at this, we'd encourage you to", but I don't think it's really that bad in the end.
[Image: AfI6yZX.png]
Aumeltopia ~

[Image: fKnK6O4.png]
Auphelia Wrote:Raccoons are bandits! First they steal your food . . .
and then your heart/identity!
[-] The following 2 users Like Somyrion's post:
  • Lily Pad, The Serres Republic

I can assure you that the CSS doesn't set out to shame people through its actions and publications. If that's the impression you got, then I think that's unfortunate, but not at all accurate.

Obviously we always welcome input from both legislators and non-legislators to make sure that the message we convey in that dispatch, and elsewhere, is friendlier, more welcoming and consistent with our overall policy of encouraging people to be partners in keeping regional security.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

The purpose of including the list of nations in the dispatch is for a form of mass messaging, with a level of control not as feasible in other forms of messaging. For instance, with telegrams we either have to do an extremely slow process (several hours at least) for customized messages, or send a generic message to all WAs. The experimental dispatch system being tested here sends a notification to everyone tagged, which can be done quickly and have a finer control while not being as intrusive as TGing. It's not being pinned or particularly advertised either, so in most cases you won't even see it unless you're mentioned in it.

I'll be the first to admit the content of the dispatch still needs work, I've never been the best on the communications side. It's still pretty experimental, and I've reached out on multiple occasions seeking suggestions and feedback on how to improve it. I'd even added in an alphabetical sort, after I was TGed suggesting it. Any suggestions on how to improve the dispatches are welcome.

As a nation in TSP, my endorsements are my business. I think it's outside of the scope of the CRS to make a public list of everyone who isn't and is endorsing them.

I support the security of the TSP and the CRS but the CRS are not entitled to my endorsement.

I found being tagged in this list an unwelcome, rude surprise and request the committee to take down the dispatch and to consider reaching out to nations in a more tactful way if they want their endorsement.
The 16th Delegate of The South Pacific

Tactful? Perhaps not. Successful? Absolutely. We've all had spikes in endorsements since Far started publishing these. I'll perhaps try to write a more friendly opening when I have time, but yours is the first complaint we've had (unless Far has a bunch of angry TGs he's not telling us about), and I don't think a single complaint negates the success that this method has yielded so far.
Did some LC, MoRA, CRS stuff in the past. Do a lot of World Census stuff now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pencil Sharpeners's post:
  • The Serres Republic

(04-19-2018, 03:04 PM)southern bellz Wrote: As a nation in TSP, my endorsements are my business. I think it's outside of the scope of the CRS to make a public list of everyone who isn't and is endorsing them.

I support the security of the TSP and the CRS but the CRS are not entitled to my endorsement.

I found being tagged in this list an unwelcome, rude surprise and request the committee to take down the dispatch and to consider reaching out to nations in a more tactful way if they want their endorsement.

I respectfully disagree.

Endorsement is an important part of securing the region, and saying that you support the security of the TSP and yet refuse to endorse is paradoxical.

Furthermore, it clearly says on the TSP landing page to endorse specific nations for the security of the region. I think that is a tactful way of asking for endorsement, and absolutely within reason to send a followup tag to remind people.

I'm not sure if you're RPing or what, but you've been here since 2014 and you should know well enough the importance of endorsements, and how they are *especially* the region's business, at least for the nations that serve as a line of defense against foreign action.

Finally, I got tagged in one or two messages even though I'm a reservist, and only my puppet is a WA member. I didn't find the tag annoying, rude, inappropriate or shameful, even though I shouldn't have been tagged.

I think the benefit of the whole regions outweighs individual annoyance. So far, the results are promising. The CRS is serious about the WA Development Program, and this is another tool Farengeto is developing that will make us more secure.

If an individual player doesn’t want to endorse all CRS members, for whatever reason, that’s their freedom. But they’ve been receiving telegrams all this time, so being tagged in a Dispatch is hardly a bigger annoyance. The Dispatches aren’t there to name and shame, though we can’t control the unique emotions a few people might feel.

(04-19-2018, 03:58 PM)Lakania Wrote: you've been here since 2014

Actually he's been here for around 10 years. Southern Bellz is one of our most historical members still around.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

I mean I'm still updating although at a slower rate and I don't mind getting the pings because I am in TSP right now and should do my part of support security even if I will be moving out soon.  So thanks for the reminders!

Escade

~ Positions Held in TSP ~
Delegate | Vice Delegate 
Minister of Regional Affairs, | Minister of Foreign Affairs | 
Minister of Military Affairs
~ The Sparkly One ~

My Pinterest