We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Emergency Appointment to LegComm

(05-10-2018, 04:31 PM)nakari Wrote: I think after this I'll draft something compelling the Cabinet to appoint Legislator Committee members with all due haste if there aren't three. (I realise it might not make that much difference, but perhaps legal requirements will make it take less than three months.) I feel like this could have been avoided if we had a full committee, and I'm disappointed it took this long.

It's already in there, actually; if argued well, this could be used to recall for dereliction of duty. (yes, it's dumb of me to say that openly, but I'm honest)

If I wasn't in Cabinet myself, I would have been appointed three months ago. All other potential viable candidates we had evaporated before we got a chance. However, we finally do have a third candidate we are discussing, which we will (with high likelihood) present to the Assembly soon, and once we present the candidate, it'll hopefully be clear why we didn't appoint that individual sooner.

But yes - I fully understand the disappointment. I'm disappointed myself, frankly.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAFT] Emergency Appointment to LegComm - by Roavin - 05-10-2018, 04:48 PM