We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Emergency Appointment to LegComm

In accordance with the corresponding executive order just issued, here the draft for the Assembly to debate:

Legislator Committee Act, Article 1 Wrote:1. Scope

(1) The Legislator Committee is the commission responsible for granting and revoking legislator status to members.

(2) The Legislator Committee comprises three legislators that have each been appointed by the cabinet and approved by the assembly via a simple majority vote.

(3) A member of the Legislator Committee is removed from the committee if
a. a reconfirmation vote held every four months does not achieve a simple majority, or
b. the member resigns, or
c. the member loses legislator eligibility, or
d. the member is recalled by the Assembly through regular order.

(4) If there is no member of the Legislator Committee available due to vacancy or leave, and there are outstanding duties to be performed, the Cabinet may appoint an emergency member to handle any urgent matters of the committee. The Council on Regional Security may, on security grounds only, rescind the Cabinet's appointment. The emergency member's tenure will last until the Cabinet rescinds the appointment or until one week after a regular committee member is available, whichever happens sooner.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

I think after this I'll draft something compelling the Cabinet to appoint Legislator Committee members with all due haste if there aren't three. (I realise it might not make that much difference, but perhaps legal requirements will make it take less than three months.) I feel like this could have been avoided if we had a full committee, and I'm disappointed it took this long.

(05-10-2018, 04:31 PM)nakari Wrote: I think after this I'll draft something compelling the Cabinet to appoint Legislator Committee members with all due haste if there aren't three. (I realise it might not make that much difference, but perhaps legal requirements will make it take less than three months.) I feel like this could have been avoided if we had a full committee, and I'm disappointed it took this long.

It's already in there, actually; if argued well, this could be used to recall for dereliction of duty. (yes, it's dumb of me to say that openly, but I'm honest)

If I wasn't in Cabinet myself, I would have been appointed three months ago. All other potential viable candidates we had evaporated before we got a chance. However, we finally do have a third candidate we are discussing, which we will (with high likelihood) present to the Assembly soon, and once we present the candidate, it'll hopefully be clear why we didn't appoint that individual sooner.

But yes - I fully understand the disappointment. I'm disappointed myself, frankly.

Why should there be a 1 week overlap after the absent LegComm member comes back? If it’s an emergency appointment, it should probably end once the emergency is over, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(05-10-2018, 05:14 PM)sandaoguo Wrote: Why should there be a 1 week overlap after the absent LegComm member comes back? If it’s an emergency appointment, it should probably end once the emergency is over, right?

I believe the idea is sort of a transfer/catch up period, but yea, I don't think there really needs to be one, and if there does it doesn't need to be a week long.
An eye for an eye just makes the whole world go blind.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Yeah, as Res said, it was meant as a transition period. A week is probably a bit long.

(05-10-2018, 05:41 PM)Roavin Wrote: Yeah, as Res said, it was meant as a transition period. A week is probably a bit long.

I would say three days at most.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo

(05-10-2018, 05:41 PM)Roavin Wrote: Yeah, as Res said, it was meant as a transition period. A week is probably a bit long.

A transition for what, though?

(05-11-2018, 05:43 AM)sandaoguo Wrote:

A transition for what, though?

Basically, for the "real" members to review and to have the emergency member explain if needed.

I'm not gonna insist on it and would be happy to remove it if deemed unnecessary.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1032 mit Tapatalk

I think the idea has merit, new members need to be caught up on the situation during the emergency period as such allowing for a small window to do that is definitely and intelligent approach.
Greetings, I am The Serres Republic.

Currently 'The Future Greatest and Most Splendid General of All TSP.'

I know you all look forward to when I complete my grand quest ;P.

Official ‘Most Dedicated Raider’ in all of TSP. Look at me all evil and shtuff ;P

Heck I was MoFA, Now Im PM. I must be loved owo