We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship Removal Updates

(06-06-2014, 05:08 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote:
(06-05-2014, 11:37 AM)southern bellz Wrote: Also, michu, a member of this community for years got her citizenship revoked, this region has lost it's mind.

I don't know where this government mentality of 'what have the citizens done for me lately' has come from, but it's a terrible mentality to have.

To expand on Tsunamy's post above, Michu had her citizenship removed because the last time she posted was 04/15/14 04:23 AM. The law requires that citizens log on and post at least twice every 30 days, otherwise they are eligible to be removed when the Administration Team next does an activity check. The law doesn't exclude legacy citizens.

...since I was name-dropped...

Honestly, I'm ok with not having citizenship right now. If my account had been deleted I'd be heartbroken and wouldn't come back, but that's just because I've been around for ages (to the point where I have/had an emoticon). I don't want my citizenship back because I know I can't commit to regular posting. If I can keep it up for a month or two I'll ask for citizenship again, but until then I'm fine with just semi-regular posting. The way I see it, citizenship isn't about being able to vote and that's cool (that would be extremely detrimental to the region), but rather a collective that shares responsibility for making informed decisions. If I can't commit to being around, I can't in good conscience be a citizen.

Also, I'd like to note that I'm flattered to be an example of "where do we draw the line." It brings a warm fuzzy feeling to the void where my heart should be. Tounge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Citizenship Removal Updates - by sandaoguo - 05-28-2014, 07:16 PM