We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Citizenship Removal Updates

On May 28, 2014, the following citizens were removed for failure to log in and post within the last 30 days:

Alf Landon
Michu
Horse
Massa191
abukhazim
ninnelives
Adm2805
Xano
A.R.I.S.
vicioso27
The Glorious Sun
James
Hobbes
Nhalok
Rion
TeemaDaSteemr
Railana
ExpandTheMind

The Administration Team reminds all citizens that they must log in and post every 30 days.

Additionally, the Administration Team has instituted user pruning for accounts that register but don't post at all within 7 days, and users that register but do not activate their accounts.

(05-28-2014, 07:16 PM)Sandaoguo Wrote: Additionally, the Administration Team has instituted user pruning for accounts that register but don't post at all within 7 days, and users that register but do not activate their accounts.
What, exactly, does this mean?
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

It means that we deleted those accounts.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Ill give you the benifit of the doubt on the accounts that dont get activated... But for users that register but dont post right away? Im sorry. Thats not right. When I first registered, I didnt post for a good 2-3 weeks... Not everyone comes in here ready to post.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium

If you're gonna do it, which I don't agree with, it should be posted on the WFE, on the forum, on the IRC, on our foreign affairs updates, if those are ever gonna be written...Anywhere someone can reasonably see it.
The Third Imperium
Journalist, South Pacific Independent News Network (SPINN)

Provost, Magisterium
Sergeant, East Pacific Sovereign Army
Journalist, East Pacific News Service

Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

(05-29-2014, 12:04 PM)Rebeltopia Wrote: Ill give you the benifit of the doubt on the accounts that dont get activated... But for users that register but dont post right away? Im sorry. Thats not right. When I first registered, I didnt post for a good 2-3 weeks... Not everyone comes in here ready to post.

Honestly I agree with Rebel here because some people want to take a real good look around before posting. Maybe extend the timeframe to 14 days and be sure to let people know in several areas of the boards that are viewed a lot.
My one and only Minion is Rebs.
Now to reclaim my crown.
It is a location joke.
All those who wander are not always lost...
The voices inside of my head get along with the monsters under my bed that do bone dances with the skeletons in my closet while the disco ball hangs by a thread...
one of the1st Delegates of TSP...she went crazy..naw she was already bonkers...

Even still, I'd like to see a list of accounts that're 'pruned.'
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

What if we extend the non-use to a month?

I'm not sure how the pruning works exactly (ie for the feasibility of posting a list as GE asked), but I don't quite get the point of posting a list of registered users who have never posted on the forums. It seems like a waste of space considering no one would know who they are anyhow.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Well, that's just the thing. Say someone recognizes the name from another region. They could conceivably notify that person.
The Third Imperium

Provost, Magisterium

It's not at all unreasonable to delete accounts that register but don't post within a week. Those accounts are highly unlikely to become active after that week. It doesn't take days to take "a real good look" at the forums. It's not as if there are areas of the forum you can only see after registering, so deleting an account that's never been active doesn't limit anybody's access to the forums.

Also, if somebody comes back and finally wants to register again and actually use their account, they can.

(05-29-2014, 01:32 PM)God-Emperor Wrote: Well, that's just the thing. Say someone recognizes the name from another region. They could conceivably notify that person.

We've stopped doing these kinds of warnings altogether. All it leads to is people coming back for five minutes to avoid losing access, then disappearing again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk