We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Simple.

Good [morning/afternoon/evening] everyone! It’s your friendly neighborhood Rebeltopia here! And I’d like to thank you for coming to my campaign.

This isn’t a campaign that’s full of pretty, shiny things or fireworks... though, I think I have some left from my “Craziest” campaign a few months ago… I digress. This isn’t that kinda campaign. Today, I’m here to talk about why I’d be a great Delegate.

First, I’d like you to know about me if you don’t already. I was born and raised in TSP. I have been here since June of 2011 - more than 7 years. I have been a part of every ministry to some extent, and the only elected positions I haven’t held are Delegate, Prime Minister, and MoRA. I’ve served more than 24 months in elected/appointed government positions (not including Deputy roles) and at least as many months as deputy. I have been extremely active in the Assembly since returning from a hiatus in January of 2017 - only missing 4 votes while I was on a Leave of Absence.

Why does any of that matter?
I’m true to TSP. I have seen almost everything there is to see in TSP - from rogue Delegates to Legislator spats. From the growing pains of newly formed Vice Delegates and an army to the flourishing of an invigorated ministry. From splitting the Delegates powers to talks around creating a new ministry of the WA. We’ve been through a lot over the last 7½ years.

Last, and most importantly, the job description. I’m sticking to my guns here, and Ill word-for-word quote my campaign from 6 months ago:
Quote:It’s pretty simple. The Delegate is the head of state. They’re the liaison between this forum government and the in-game community. They are to work with the LC to moderate the RMB. Most importantly, as Belschaft said, the Delegate is someone who isn’t going to “push the button”. Security is the biggest responsibly. I will help the LC promote activity. I will promote activity within the RMB/WFE for the RMB, the forums and discord. And, most importantly, I will NOT press the button.
The only thing I didn’t post there that is important is the WA. I would “hire” an advisor, and stay up to date on the WA votes - especially ones that affect the region. If I remember correctly, Glen has been active in the WA, even advising on such - both to the Delegate and the CRS. I haven’t approached anyone, but he is definitely the first that comes to mind there.

So. Like I said, no bells and whistles. Just doing the job, and doing it right.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Roavin, Ryccia

Messages In This Thread
Simple. - by Rebeltopia - 01-02-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Simple. - by Rebeltopia - 01-02-2019, 07:43 PM
RE: Simple. - by The Sakhalinsk Empire - 01-02-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: Simple. - by sandaoguo - 01-03-2019, 07:54 AM
RE: Simple. - by Rebeltopia - 01-03-2019, 10:41 AM
RE: Simple. - by North Prarie - 01-03-2019, 10:36 PM