We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Simple.

CoI:
Founder of the puppet storage region "Niagara"
Current WA: Rebel-topia

Past & present:
TSP Deputy Chair of Assembly (8/18 - Present)
TSP Committee for State Security member (02/14-10/14)
TSP High Court Justice (4/14 - 5/14)
TSP Chair of Assembly (12/13 - 03/14)
TSP Vice Delegate (08/13 - 12/13)
TSP Minister of Security (09/12 - 12/12)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (05/12 - 09/12)
TSP Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - 10/14 -- 2/15 - 6/17 -- 02/18 - Present) ... This is getting to be a REALLY long list.
Former Founder of Richmond
Former something in Europia... I think
Former something in Balder... I think
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Roavin, Ryccia

Good [morning/afternoon/evening] everyone! It’s your friendly neighborhood Rebeltopia here! And I’d like to thank you for coming to my campaign.

This isn’t a campaign that’s full of pretty, shiny things or fireworks... though, I think I have some left from my “Craziest” campaign a few months ago… I digress. This isn’t that kinda campaign. Today, I’m here to talk about why I’d be a great Delegate.

First, I’d like you to know about me if you don’t already. I was born and raised in TSP. I have been here since June of 2011 - more than 7 years. I have been a part of every ministry to some extent, and the only elected positions I haven’t held are Delegate, Prime Minister, and MoRA. I’ve served more than 24 months in elected/appointed government positions (not including Deputy roles) and at least as many months as deputy. I have been extremely active in the Assembly since returning from a hiatus in January of 2017 - only missing 4 votes while I was on a Leave of Absence.

Why does any of that matter?
I’m true to TSP. I have seen almost everything there is to see in TSP - from rogue Delegates to Legislator spats. From the growing pains of newly formed Vice Delegates and an army to the flourishing of an invigorated ministry. From splitting the Delegates powers to talks around creating a new ministry of the WA. We’ve been through a lot over the last 7½ years.

Last, and most importantly, the job description. I’m sticking to my guns here, and Ill word-for-word quote my campaign from 6 months ago:
Quote:It’s pretty simple. The Delegate is the head of state. They’re the liaison between this forum government and the in-game community. They are to work with the LC to moderate the RMB. Most importantly, as Belschaft said, the Delegate is someone who isn’t going to “push the button”. Security is the biggest responsibly. I will help the LC promote activity. I will promote activity within the RMB/WFE for the RMB, the forums and discord. And, most importantly, I will NOT press the button.
The only thing I didn’t post there that is important is the WA. I would “hire” an advisor, and stay up to date on the WA votes - especially ones that affect the region. If I remember correctly, Glen has been active in the WA, even advising on such - both to the Delegate and the CRS. I haven’t approached anyone, but he is definitely the first that comes to mind there.

So. Like I said, no bells and whistles. Just doing the job, and doing it right.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Roavin, Ryccia

Other than security matters, what are your plans for gameside?
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 2 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

Regarding security, which people & groups do you consider to be security concerns for TSP? Are you focused on imminent threats, groups with long histories of threatening our security, or both?
[-] The following 3 users Like sandaoguo's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-02-2019, 08:51 PM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: Other than security matters, what are your plans for gameside?
I dont have any concrete plans, other than a few conceptual ideas about how to engage the gameside crowd. I will talk to the LC and MoRA to see what ideas they have and what they have planned, and interject some of my own ideas. Its all about teamwork.

(01-03-2019, 07:54 AM)sandaoguo Wrote: Regarding security, which people & groups do you consider to be security concerns for TSP? Are you focused on imminent threats, groups with long histories of threatening our security, or both?
Obviously, theres a list of groups/players that have a history of not liking us. The Empire & HYDRA/The Ragerian Imperium are the ones that come to mind most recently. There is also regions like LWU, Balder, and LKE who we have denounced in the past. Souls, Wolf, & Funk have all been proscribed, and have a rich history of either being here in bad faith and overthrowing other legitimate governments.

As Delegate, my focus would be more on the imminent threats. But thats not to say that the Delegate should worry about those who have a history of it, either.
The delegate used to be a member of the CSS, and for good reason. As the last man standing, and the one with the ejection button, the actual security of the region fell on them. But even with regional controls dispersed, its still the Delegates job to press the button if the situation arises. Its also the Delegates job to be a set of eyes and ears for the CRS - keep an eye out on the nations nearing/going over the cap, or seeing weird or "unnatural" endorsements.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

• Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

• What is your opinion on the current debate between Sandaoguo and Kringle about whether a High Court justice should have a security background or not?
  • Do you believe that there should be more requirements for legislatorship, and/or do you believe the background check should be tougher on legislators? i.e, not allowing legislatorship to anyone who has ever been a citizen in, say, Balder or the Black Hawks?
  • What do you believe is the most necessary approach to prompt gamesiders to vote forumside? 
  •  Do you believe that evidence should be released publicly when an individual is banned or has their legislatorship status taken away? (Excluding situations like Yuno, Solorni, or 5-million population RMB spammers)
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 2 users Like North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

What are your thoughts on the state of The South Pacific as a whole? Where do you believe we can improve on?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

I know I'm quite openly infatuated with Seraph, but it'd be selling Rebs short to not mention just how much of a fantastic candidate he is: Trustworthy, tenured, mature, responsible, a true son of the South Pacific, and for sure merited.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 5 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Ryccia, Seraph, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-03-2019, 10:36 PM)North Prarie Wrote:  
  • What is your opinion on the current debate between Sandaoguo and Kringle about whether a High Court justice should have a security background or not?
  • Do you believe that there should be more requirements for legislatorship, and/or do you believe the background check should be tougher on legislators? i.e, not allowing legislatorship to anyone who has ever been a citizen in, say, Balder or the Black Hawks?
  • What do you believe is the most necessary approach to prompt gamesiders to vote forumside? 
  •  Do you believe that evidence should be released publicly when an individual is banned or has their legislatorship status taken away? (Excluding situations like Yuno, Solorni, or 5-million population RMB spammers)
Im not sure what most of these questions have to do with a Delegate election, but Ill answer anyway...
1. Im kinda on the fence with this. The Court Justices should be people that are VERY trusted within our region, since the very nature of their job could involve seeing classified information, and we shouldn't fear that they will release it without the consent of the CRS. With that said, Im not 100 percent sold that the court needs to specifically have security clearance. As I said, that should come with the job.
2. I think our legislator applications are just find. We pride ourselves in being an open region, and, for the most part, allowing second (and sometimes 3rd & 4th) chances. Requirement-wise, I think we're right where we should be. The background checks that the CRS/LegComm does is very critical when a region is as open as we are.
My feelings are that if the region or person isn't barred from being here - through any admin ban or legal ban/proscription - I'm perfectly fine with the CRS/LegComm making that decision. After all, that's their job!
3. Constant contact by our government. In my opinion, this is the best way to bring people from gameside to the forums. If we can show them whats going on forumside, not just tell them, it may pique their interest enough to come take a look for themselves. And once their foot is in the door, thats when we should pounce and invite them to join a ministry or the RP, or even the spam games.
4. Define "publicly". To TSPers? Absolutely. To our allies? Maybe. To general GP, absolutely not. We don't owe anyone outside TSP an explanation for anything we do - especially when they'll just twist what we say to form fit their own agenda. Its a loose-loose battle, so we might as well hold our cards.

(01-04-2019, 03:49 AM)Amerion Wrote: What are your thoughts on the state of The South Pacific as a whole? Where do you believe we can improve on?
As a whole, this is probably the best I've seen TSP in my time here. Other than one recent - albeit huge - issue, we're getting on well. We're debating and passing laws without fear of being called names and being bullied.
Gameside, the last year has seen the most RMB activity in its history. TSP as a whole is doing well.

(01-04-2019, 05:13 AM)Roavin Wrote: I know I'm quite openly infatuated with Seraph, but it'd be selling Rebs short to not mention just how much of a fantastic candidate he is: Trustworthy, tenured, mature, responsible, a true son of the South Pacific, and for sure merited.
Thank you, Roavin. Your endorsement means the world! Smile

• Poppy, Roavin

What region (s) would you like to further relations with?
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy