We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[FAILED] Amendment to Articles 1 and 2 of the Regional Communications Act (Mass Com)

If you mean to regulate "campaigns/dispatches that are used to slander other candidates" only, wouldn't that language still be much broader? A reasonable interpretation might be that article 2, section 2(d) only applies to slanderous material, but the language itself would include any campaigning by an incumbent, as far as I can tell — and I'm not entirely sure I would support that.

I'm not familiar at all with the telegram system, but just to clarify, mass telegrams do not include telegram stamps under conventional definitions, right? In other words, is it necessary to clarify what "mass telegrams to the region" refers to in article 1, section 1(a), or is it common knowledge that this excludes telegram stamps?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • The Sakhalinsk Empire

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Amendment to the Regional Communications Act - by Pronoun - 01-25-2019, 06:15 PM