We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

How did you arrive in TSP?

I was founded in TSP on April 7, 2016. I had initially considered making my own region to explore the additional controls a founder gives, but decided against it and figured it'd be better to be in an established region and learn the ropes there.

Once I learned there was an IRC channel (a platform I was quite familiar with), I joined it, talked a bit to Henn and Raven, then got invited to a channel with Kris, Faren, Glen, Res, and Henn and learned a lot from them. Not much later, I joined Discord, where I met Tsu, Imki, and others.

I entered TSP at an interesting time. It was just after the Hileville coup, in the middle of the Great Council. The Assembly was shut down. People on all sides were really friendly and helpful to me, though it was apparent that there was a lot of remaining frustration and anger. In a way, I was incredibly lucky, as it allowed me to get a jump start into doing things I would otherwise not have gotten the chance to, and being able to do that with the support from both of the still-bitter sides of the aisle. For example, I was overwhelmingly elected to my first Cabinet job within 2.5 months of joining. I got along with Glen, but also with Belschaft. I got along with Kris, but also with Imki. And of course, I got along with Tsu, Seraph, etc.

My various doings across NS have brought me to quite a few places. I held citizenship in TNP and several UCRs, I fought a GCR coup in Lazarus, I led Defenderdom in TGW, I torched tons of nazis and fascists with CAIN and RNS, and other stuff I've since forgotten. TSP has always been an invariant in all of that, even when it was hard to juggle my South Pacifican heritage with other things I had been doing. There are several things I could have held on to comfortably for a long time without much work, but as time went on, I realized that for me, TSP > NS.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Nakari, Poppy

Messages In This Thread
How did you arrive in TSP? - by Amerion - 02-18-2019, 06:14 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Nakari - 02-18-2019, 06:32 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Amerion - 02-18-2019, 07:39 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Amerion - 02-18-2019, 06:47 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Roavin - 02-18-2019, 07:24 AM
How did you arrive in TSP? - by Kris Kringle - 02-18-2019, 08:00 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Amerion - 02-18-2019, 08:57 AM
RE: How did you arrive in TSP? - by Beepee - 02-18-2019, 09:05 AM