We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

How did you arrive in TSP?

[Image: giphy.gif]

The title says it all Wink

How did you come about TSP and what was your first impression of the region when you joined?
[-] The following 2 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Nakari, Poppy

I first technically joined in early 2017. I wanted to defend under an alternate identity while still in the Invaders, and Roavin suggested I join the SPSF to be less conspicuous. And then I didn't really care about TSP for like a year >_>

After the whole Lazarus thing, I thought "oh, gcrs are pretty interesting after all, maybe I'll get involved in one?" I was already a little bit involved in TSP, and knew some people, so it seemed the natural choice to try out the political element of NS.

First impressions, iirc: pretty chill, very transparent/easy to learn law system, who are Glen and Belschaft and will they pls stop yelling for a moment, a comfortable place.
[-] The following 3 users Like Nakari's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Roavin

I joined in 2014 as an ambassador for a UCR. Being a GCR, TSP was/is one of the holy grail regions; the Gucci of embassies. I didn't think much about the region, even when I entered the GCR scene in 2014 — first in Osiris due to the interesting theme and then to Lazarus in 2015 due to the coup. When I was MoFA (or Sovereign/Delegate, probably the former), I vaguely recall being approached by Glen at some point to discuss an interregional democratic alliance as a counterweight to another one.

That was the extent of my involvement with TSP until Funk couped Lazarus in 2017. When he did so, TSP was at the forefront of the conflict, as one of the Lazarenes-in-Exiles closest interregional supporters. I remember Drugged Monkeys and Roavin being a tremendous help to the group and providing valuable counsel.

After we lost the civil war, however, I left NationStates for a good 6 months (a very productive RL six months due to all the free time Tounge ). And when I came back, I looked for Aume Heart who spoke very highly of TSP.

My first impression of TSP as a Legislator back in May 2018 (iirc) was how organised the MATT-DUCK Law Archive appeared to be and how friendly Escade was. It seemed like a great place and I've been around ever since.
[-] The following 3 users Like Amerion's post:
  • Nakari, Poppy, Roavin

I was founded in TSP on April 7, 2016. I had initially considered making my own region to explore the additional controls a founder gives, but decided against it and figured it'd be better to be in an established region and learn the ropes there.

Once I learned there was an IRC channel (a platform I was quite familiar with), I joined it, talked a bit to Henn and Raven, then got invited to a channel with Kris, Faren, Glen, Res, and Henn and learned a lot from them. Not much later, I joined Discord, where I met Tsu, Imki, and others.

I entered TSP at an interesting time. It was just after the Hileville coup, in the middle of the Great Council. The Assembly was shut down. People on all sides were really friendly and helpful to me, though it was apparent that there was a lot of remaining frustration and anger. In a way, I was incredibly lucky, as it allowed me to get a jump start into doing things I would otherwise not have gotten the chance to, and being able to do that with the support from both of the still-bitter sides of the aisle. For example, I was overwhelmingly elected to my first Cabinet job within 2.5 months of joining. I got along with Glen, but also with Belschaft. I got along with Kris, but also with Imki. And of course, I got along with Tsu, Seraph, etc.

My various doings across NS have brought me to quite a few places. I held citizenship in TNP and several UCRs, I fought a GCR coup in Lazarus, I led Defenderdom in TGW, I torched tons of nazis and fascists with CAIN and RNS, and other stuff I've since forgotten. TSP has always been an invariant in all of that, even when it was hard to juggle my South Pacifican heritage with other things I had been doing. There are several things I could have held on to comfortably for a long time without much work, but as time went on, I realized that for me, TSP > NS.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Nakari, Poppy

(02-18-2019, 06:32 AM)Nakari Wrote: ...
First impressions, iirc: pretty chill, very transparent/easy to learn law system, who are Glen and Belschaft and will they pls stop yelling for a moment, a comfortable place.

To be honest, I actually have never witnessed a Glenshaft incident firsthand. I have heard of the legend but it is only tales to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

(02-18-2019, 07:39 AM)Amerion Wrote:

To be honest, I actually have never witnessed a Glenshaft incident firsthand. I have heard of the legend but it is only tales to me.

I can already imagine David Attenborough narrating one.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 3 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, Rebeltopia

(02-18-2019, 08:00 AM)Kris Kringle Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 07:39 AM)Amerion Wrote:

I can already imagine David Attenborough narrating one.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

He should come to narrate TSP's university course materials Love
[-] The following 1 user Likes Amerion's post:
  • Poppy

I, Beepee, was founded in January 2018 in TSP.

A couple of days later, after too much SPIT and too little sleep, I found myself in a wardrobe. As I tried to find the door to get out, I found myself walking deeper and deeper into the wardrobe past the fur coats, eventually I arrived out the other side of the wardrobe in the middle of a forest blinded by the light from a solitary lamppost with a lovely lampshade on top.

As I walked through the woods, I came across magical and talented creatures such as Midand, Si, TSSS, Goverwal, North Prarie, and NHC and my delightful, dear Delegate Erinor. They informed this magical land was called the RMB and I knew I had found a place where the whole world could live in harmony and peace under the reign of the white witch, Auphelia.

After happily bounding around the board and becoming employed as Auphelia's hired goon and board butler, I decided to see what the Castle of TSPForums were all about. I'd heard it was a wondrous place filled with Turkish Delight.

In the Castle of TSPforums , I found a delightful selection of the legislators. I remember Roavin being particulalry patient, encouraging and kind, as (as you all know) I'm a clumsy buffoon, and I tried to get an understanding if this new world of legislation and politics.

I've generally found almost everyone lovely and welcoming, but that might be because as a clumsy buffoon I'm not really a threat to anyone (unless we're walking close to a cliff edge, in which case I strongly advise you to walk on the inside).

And that my dear friends is how I arrived in TSP.
[-] The following 4 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Amerion, Nakari, Poppy, Roavin

I had a friend at the time who was on NS, and after watching her play and interact with some of the people in the region she was in (I dont remember which UCR it was), decided that I'd create a nation and join her. She told me to find a region that I thought would be fun, not specifically the one she was in - she hated the government setup, I think - and I jumped on my laptop.
June 2011, Rebel-topia was born (because "Rebeltopia" was already used, but ded - but I have it now). It was only a few days of lurking the RMB and such, that I realized we were in the middle of a coup. Devonitians was banning almost anyone who posted on the RMB, and I happened to "open my mouth"... So, I spent some time in TRR, but only a few days until the coup was over, and then I made my way back.

During that time, I was also a forum lurker - creating an account, but not posting anything. Then, this cool cat named Antariel PM'd me and told me it was cool to lurk, but it was cooler to actually get involved. We went back and forth for a few days, and he finally convinced me to start posting.
"...if you're normal, the crowd will accept you. But if you're deranged, the crowd will make you their leader." - Christopher Titus
Deranged in NS since 2011

One and ONLY minion of LadyRebels 
The OUTRAGEOUS CRAZY other half of LadyElysium
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebeltopia's post:
  • Amerion, Nakari, Poppy, Roavin

I joined nationstates for the first time in November 2016 founded in the Pacific under a different nation. I bumbled around for a while not entirely sure of what to do but ended up breaking the ice on the rmb by making a post under the pacifician tradition of posting your nation stats for the day. After that I was a pretty regular participant in the day-to-day talkings in the pacific for about a half a year off and on again. I never really touched anything government-wise but, then again, it was the pacific so it wasn't exactly the most open ended government anyway, the most I did was become a citizen. Then I moved on irl and didn't really look back.

In mid September 2018 I re-joined the game under my current nation and was founded in the South Pacific. The community on the rmb was nice, if a tad insane, so I stuck around. I maintained a pretty active gameside presence for quite some time and it wasn't till December where I took a bit of a break. Also in December I decided to join the forums cause why not? I became active again in January gameside and contained my forum activity mainly to elections where I would primarily support people I had grown closer to gameside (cause I'm not biased at all). I slowly tried to become closer to the forums while still maintaining my friends gameside and, on a whim, I decided to post in a thread called "how did you arrive in TSP?" despite having only been in TSP for a short time. I then wrote a quick summary of my time in nationstates that took a whole paragraph until it even talked about tsp and also then kinda just rambled on and on. It slowly lost its purpose and its direction, I no longer knew why I was typing just that I was typing. I kept talking, hoping for a way out, and then I realized that I was too tired to keep this going any longer so I finally stopped. Then I went, and got some food and sleep, and hoped none of the forum regulars were annoyed at me  ZZzzZ
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 3 users Like Poppy's post:
  • Kris Kringle, Rebeltopia, Roavin