We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

First Huawan - CE talks

Noica enjoyed the process of tea making by the Peony as she further studied the construction of the ship. Truly the Huawanese had earned the right to be considered a naval power centuries past. The commerce and wealth they had gained from it had helped built their modern reputation. While the Huawanese were rightfully proudful of their history of trade & so too were the Stoinians. Perhaps they weren't as internationally oriented as other nations, but they too had their achievements. Although it was the firm belief of the Stoinians that every nation had the right to remain in their little corner of Pacifica as they wished only for it be be put aside in large cataclysm such as the Great War and the Seven Pillars Tragedy.
- "I believe the Entente members have similar goals your Majesty.Thank you." Shed said in Tarnese as she accepted the tea and took a first sip from it.
She tasted the bitterness and she had heard how the royalty was a fan of subtleties. For a split-second Noica's bluntness and lightning stare came to light, but she quickly suppressed it as she didn't want to anger the Peony. Noica was a military woman in nearly every sense which combined with Stoinian bluntness likely would clash with the subtleties required as part of her new job as the Secretary-General of the CE. However, she had learned a thing or two from the Defence Minister Gen. Codreanu, a close friend of hers. She was however relieved by the Peony's bluntness. She listened carefully to the Peony's words and tone, scanning for any subtleties. After the Peony's little monologue she too continued in Asutral.
- "Entente members too have proven to be partners ushering innovations and projects to maintain peace. Be it founding as members of the World Forum, Aeronaut & SkyHopper, CMEC, peace keeping missions across the South Pacific and the CPSC. We stand amidst the nations that helped build a brighter world together with you. Despite our many differences, we've come together once again to form a defensive pact. It should be noted that our joint Bareland operations only came after an invasion and intervention of another. Nor are all CE members involved in Bareland. We are a defensive alliance foremost, not a political one. The way we act shows that, be it Snolland in Hazelbrust or the Imperial Frost Federation in Spiras. As of yet we aren't a consistent political bloc nor is it our intention to strive towards the ideology of one nation. I saw it first-hand when negotiating with the IFF concerning the goals of each members military operation and aligning them together." She took another sip from the bitter tea before continuing. "What other nations such as Besern and Izaakia are concerned, they are under the wrong perception that we are a united political front. That we are not, instead we are purely defensive and they wrongfully see actions of member states as actions by the Entente. It is regrettable, but alas a misconception that has been allowed too long to spread and something I will address. However... I will be blunt with you as well as you were with me. One has to question Huawan's "non-alignment" policy. I'm a military woman and to me actions are more important than words and so far Huawan has shown sign towards an "Izaakian bloc" through increased trade agreements. That is of course your God given right, but when you start to operate overseas military bases with such a bloc, people begin to wonder how neutral such a non-alignment policy is. While I wish I could be assured by your words, your actions perhaps speak otherwise."
She took one final sip before putting the tea cup down on the table.
- "As for your perception of containment of progress, it is misplaced. The Entente's foundation is that of cooperation with democratic nations. You can argue with Izaakian tabloids about what is truly democratic, but I believe the Entente's vision is a nation's intention for a democratic process. Our members show that we accept many types of government and that we have a strong willingness to work with many nations out there and not contain our prosperity for ourselves. Once the organizational structures are finalized, we will take any membership application in serious consideration. From Livana to Andrendia, to even the nuclear regions from Denver to the shores of Kosbareland, the Concordia Entente wishes to work with all of them. Peace and prosperity for all is the drive of our organization. I say that as the Secretary-General and as a Stoinian: A maioribus nostris, pro filiis nostris."
Noica then proceed to read the letter. She was both overjoyed and frustrated. The Peocracy had shown a step towards the CE now, but the personal battle plans she had made could have been for nothing.
- "I thank you for the invitation and I most certainly will be there at the conferences. Although I may speak very little in the name of the foreign affair of Entente members, I will put the minds at ease concerning the Entente itself. I must say I'm a little surprised the Union government didn't discuss such operations with us. Military operations are my expertise and I can tell you they are quite complex. However, I believe it may be possible for Huawan to join our efforts. I would suggest your military officers in charge of your nearby strike forces to contact me so I can coordinate our forces with them. As for the humanitarian aid, Stoinia will most definitely be pleased to hear they won't be alone in reconstruction efforts. Though the Entente will leave reconstruction efforts up to its members which likely also will accept your summit's invitation, so far the most vocal of them has been Stoinia. We welcome the gracious partnership Huawan is offering us, a testament to our shared will for a prosperous future."
Pacifica: MyriaSallodesia, Stoinia • A1-0: Stoinian Star Kingdom • Aurora: Kingdom of Threnebor

Messages In This Thread
First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-23-2022, 09:51 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Maverick - 07-23-2022, 11:16 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-24-2022, 04:24 AM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Maverick - 07-26-2022, 02:00 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-26-2022, 08:38 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Maverick - 07-26-2022, 10:11 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-27-2022, 07:58 AM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Maverick - 07-29-2022, 10:57 AM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-29-2022, 01:57 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Maverick - 07-29-2022, 02:18 PM
RE: First Huawan - CE talks - by Hammerstar - 07-29-2022, 06:53 PM