We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Journal Tonight with HEM Tiberius

HEM: "To our viewers in the South Pacific and around the world, welcome The Journal Tonight's coverage of the end of these dynamic elections. With almost all of the vote in, the Journal Tonight has a few projections to make"

HEM: "At the top of the ticket, the Journal Tonight has a projection on the Delegacy Race!"

Administrator Tsunamy [Image: right-arrow.gif] ***PROJECTED PLURALITY WINNER***
16 votes | 55.17%
[Image: dane-cook-showtime-comedy-entertainment-96.jpg]

Vice Delegate Arbiter08

8 votes | 27.59%
[Image: 2zxwcvl.jpg]

Hobbes
3 votes | 10.34%
[Image: hobbes_dock_icons_145155_img_122.png]

HEM: "The Journal Tonight is now ready to project that Tsunamy will capture a plurality of the vote in his quest to be the next Delegate of the South Pacific. While we believe there are many indicators pointing to a first round majority for Administrator Tsunamy, out of an abundance of caution we are not yet ready to project a winner of this race. Thoughts by the panel?"

Jay Leno: "This was a surprise for most people. Look, unless there is a plethora of people holding onto their ballots -- or voting anonymously which is possible -- Tsunamy is looking to win a very decisive victory here. I think many people didn't see it coming because Tsunamy wasn't included in the initial Journal poll, and Arbiter08 looked to be a shoe in. The best Arbiter08 can hope for now is a runoff, and to be honest HEM, that runoff doesn't appear initially to offer him much chance of a win."

John Major: "I think we are going to get quite a few different narratives of what happened here. There are opponents of Milograd's parole who may say -- 'see how unpopular this was! Voters punished you at the voting booth' -- and claim that Arbiter08's role on the parole board did him in. I don't think that explanation very likely. For one, Arbiter08 was not at the forefront of the public debate over the parole, and for second, Unibot -- who was -- looks likely to survive his own electoral challenge. I think, at the end of the day, lots of people like Tsunamy and wanted to see what he would do in the top job. I don't think this election was a slight against Arbiter08 at all."

Condoleezza Rice: "I think the parole board decision had some effect. I think HEM is faring a little better against Unibot that many pundits expected -- especially with an endorsement from an incumbent Delegate. I don't think it made or broke anyone, but I think a few voters flipped over because of the decision."

Joe Lieberman:
"It's a sad day in the South Pacific if voters leave candidates because they show solid records of compassion. What a heartless region we have become."

Jay Leno: "I agree with John, I don't think the parole board decision did diddly-squat here. I think everyone just underestimated Tsunamy from the start. Arbiter08 ran a great campaign, is a great candidate for the office, but Tsunamy is widely popular and the region wants to give him a chance."

HEM: "Did Professor Henn's absence make a different to this result?"

John Major: "No. Henn had a very small support base coming in. I suspect his numbers would be right around Hobbes'. I think this was a two man race for a while."

Condoleezza Rice: "Agreed. Professor Henn is an extraordinary citizen, but he just wasn't ready for the big chair quite yet."

HEM: "Alrighty folks, we will be back with more projections after this."

Messages In This Thread
Journal Tonight with HEM Tiberius - by HEM - 11-02-2014, 08:18 PM