We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Reflections on Fandom Alliance

The SPSF mandate in Fandom Alliance will shortly end, but I feel it is important for the Assembly to discuss whether these sorts of missions should continue.

I have included in this post, a copy of the World Factbook Entry and quotations from the Regional Message Board from concerned natives. These quotations reveal the fear and confusion which we subject players to with these occupations. We've never interacted with Fandom Alliance prior to this invasion, thus, as far as I am concerned, they did not deserve this treatment from The South Pacific.

I think it is disturbing that these players do not know what is going on; they are, essentially, frightened new(-ish) players, who would just like to keep their home safe and yet this drama continues without their consent - and we played a role in this. If these were citizens of The South Pacific, their voices of dissent would be disconcerting to all of us, but just because they're citizens of some distant region does not mean they are worth 'this'.

I believe this was a shameful act and The South Pacific should not be proud that it invaded Fandom Alliance - a region of seven WAs, who never did anything to hurt The South Pacific. There's nothing patriotic or redeeming about projecting your own influence over innocent communities like Fandom Alliance. We could strive to make the SPSF something that we could all be proud of, and strive for The South Pacific to uphold a higher standard of conduct abroad, but until then I do not want to be an accomplice or a passive observer to this behavior and I felt that it was important that someone in the Assembly voiced the concerns of the natives in Fandom Alliance who had no voice on December 06, 2014. We can be better than this. 

[Image: 8qhMYoD.png]

Quote:Damn raiders. This is why we refound.

Quote:Raiders, why do you claim to represent the pacifics. They aren't militarized regions.

Quote:Bloody damn hell, Shrek! You never said that there were twenty something endorsements for the raiders!

Quote:And they are not Black Riders! At least Blackies have a code of NOT banjecting people! These guys have no such code!

Quote:We do not require any assistance in the refounding of our region. We only wish for a return to native rule that was in place before your "training exercise". If you would please give us a timeline for your withdrawal it would be much appreciated. The sooner this occupation ends the better for all parties involved.

Quote:O.o so this is a raid.

Quote:It would be nice if your leader would respond to telegrams, but I guess I'll just ask everyone: Why do you associate yourselves with the pacifics. They aren't raiders, so why are you misusing their name

Quote:And even if they were raiders, why invade this small region?

Quote:Hey, I just got here I am new to this can someone explain whats going on in like regional talk?

Yours sincerely,
Unibot.
Chair of the Assembly.

Messages In This Thread
Reflections on Fandom Alliance - by Unibot - 12-08-2014, 11:27 PM