We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

A day in the life of #the_south_pacific

I think the point QD's trying to make is:
[Image: I-DONT-LIKE-5cg3rc.jpg]

I mightn't have been around for the 'good old days' of TSP but I've seen this all over the place online. Communities move on, and the vets just sit in their little proverbial rocking chairs reminiscing about how things used to be and tutting at the newcomers 'messing it all up'. Change happens, you can either get active again and make the changes you want to see or back off and accept things are different now. As a relative newbie, most of what I've seen in #the_south_pacific are unfamiliar people bitching about how bad TSP is these days which creates a pretty toxic atmosphere for anyone who isn't part of that group and honestly it's not surprising people want to move away from it. As Feir said, it's not exactly a great example to set for people just entering the region or a nice place for those of us who just want to have a casual chat or attend to regional matters.
Basically if you don't like how the South Pacific is these days then actively do something about it because wallowing in nostalgia and whining that things aren't how they were isn't helping anything.
[Image: Uy6Tvaj.gif]

Messages In This Thread