We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [2230.MR] Recall of the Minister of Culture

Fellow South Pacificans:

Without any notice, the Minister of Culture left the South Pacific’s main and roleplay Discord servers at 5:52 pm Pacific Daylight Time (00:52 UTC) on 18 July. Shortly thereafter, the minister moved their nation (Eggraria) from the South Pacific to Balder. When I saw that she left the server, which was two minutes later at 5:54 pm Pacific Daylight Time (00:54 UTC), I attempted to reach out to the minister via Direct Message on Discord but received no reply.

To my knowledge, there is nothing that precipitated this sudden and unannounced departure. If something happened, it did not occur publicly nor in the presence of the Prime Minister or the rest of the Cabinet. However regrettable it is that the Minister of Culture left the region, I am asking the Assembly to recall the Minister of Culture pursuant to Article XI of the Charter for the apparent dereliction of duty.

At this time, the South Pacific is without a Minister of Culture. And so, without a formal resignation from the incumbent, a recall in the Assembly is necessary to make the Cabinet whole again and provide a serviceable cultural ministry.

Faithfully yours,

Jay Coop
Prime Minister
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • im_a_waffle1

Messages In This Thread
[PASSED] [2230.MR] Recall of the Minister of Culture - by Jay Coop - 07-19-2022, 04:15 PM