We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] [2230.MR] Recall of the Minister of Culture

Fellow South Pacificans:

Without any notice, the Minister of Culture left the South Pacific’s main and roleplay Discord servers at 5:52 pm Pacific Daylight Time (00:52 UTC) on 18 July. Shortly thereafter, the minister moved their nation (Eggraria) from the South Pacific to Balder. When I saw that she left the server, which was two minutes later at 5:54 pm Pacific Daylight Time (00:54 UTC), I attempted to reach out to the minister via Direct Message on Discord but received no reply.

To my knowledge, there is nothing that precipitated this sudden and unannounced departure. If something happened, it did not occur publicly nor in the presence of the Prime Minister or the rest of the Cabinet. However regrettable it is that the Minister of Culture left the region, I am asking the Assembly to recall the Minister of Culture pursuant to Article XI of the Charter for the apparent dereliction of duty.

At this time, the South Pacific is without a Minister of Culture. And so, without a formal resignation from the incumbent, a recall in the Assembly is necessary to make the Cabinet whole again and provide a serviceable cultural ministry.

Faithfully yours,

Jay Coop
Prime Minister
4× Cabinet minister /// 1× OWL director /// CRS member /// SPSF

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • im_a_waffle1

I'll vote for this if we don't hear from them by the time this gets motioned to vote after minimum debate. Maybe, just for an extra check, a telegram wouldn't be an awful idea, although given how odd this is I doubt it'll change much.

I'm curious what practices the Prime Minister is using to keep in touch with and communicate with Ministers? (To some extent, I obviously know, and will say the PM has been in very active communication with me as MoFA, but I think it's in public interest to know how their communications are working with Cabinet Ministers more broadly.)
Minister of Foreign Affairs
General of the South Pacific Special Forces
Ambassador to Balder
Former Prime Minister and Minister of Defense

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

[Image: ykXEqbU.png]

(07-19-2022, 04:31 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: Maybe, just for an extra check, a telegram wouldn't be an awful idea, although given how odd this is I doubt it'll change much.

Thank you for your suggestion. This has been done. Though, I too doubt this will change much. When I DMed rosaferri on Discord, it very much indicated that she was online.

(07-19-2022, 04:31 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: I'm curious what practices the Prime Minister is using to keep in touch with and communicate with Ministers? (To some extent, I obviously know, and will say the PM has been in very active communication with me as MoFA, but I think it's in public interest to know how their communications are working with Cabinet Ministers more broadly.)

On occasion, I would reach out by DM to get an overall sense of what they're doing, trying to ascertain their activities. I had no concern about the MoFA or the MoD, having constant communications in the Foreign Affairs Council. I checked in with the MoE once, and understood that they were busy with a court case in their capacity as a justice, and they have been active in the GC discussions. I gave the MoC some leeway, understanding that she had been in the process of moving in real life, which I can understand is a very busy process and sometimes traumatic, but that was the last I heard from her until yesterday, when the MoC left the region without a word.

My History
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jay Coop's post:
  • HumanSanity

Thank you for explaining things. Full support, as stated above.

Even if Rosaferri returned, they'd need to explain why they disappeared and left the region without being in communication with the PM. I guess in theory there could be an explanation I'd be satisfied with, but I can't really think of one right now
Ambassador to Balder

[Image: rank_general.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_3.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg]

I'd vote "yes" in the recall. Though there was no "formal" resignation, Eggraria left the region and our discord servers. I would consider this a resignation.
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

I'd also side with the recall, leaving the Minister of Culture in power through this patch, reply or not, at this point is almost to say that it's OK to do it and for colleagues to also do so. I understand you're being very gentle and trying to be understanding but the fact is that it's happened and they need to know it is not just OK, as an office holder, to just jump up and go.

Eliminate the problem before we've got one.

(07-19-2022, 06:30 PM)HumanSanity Wrote: Thank you for explaining things. Full support, as stated above.

Even if Rosaferri returned, they'd need to explain why they disappeared and left the region without being in communication with the PM. I guess in theory there could be an explanation I'd be satisfied with, but I can't really think of one right now

There is no explanation of why Rosaferri left. Even if there was, they should have told Jay Coop, and at least gave a broad reason. I hope Rosaferri is doing okay, but again, I would support the recall because there really is no explanation. A formal resignation of Rosaferri would be much better than abruptly leaving, but I would say that as of right now, we have no Minister of Culture, unless the Deputy steps in.
maluhia
minister of culture
ambassador to lazarus
roleplayer

I motion this recall to a vote.

My History

Second
Ambassador to Balder

(07-22-2022, 05:52 PM)The Lile Ulie Islands Wrote: (I'm not sure if that is the correct terminology)

Since you mentioned it — motion's dont require a third.
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pronoun's post:
  • maluhia