We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Lampshade Accords [The South Pacific-Spiritus]

I was originally iffy on both the head's of state (1.2-3) and the renewal clause. (4.4). However, if Spritius would like the the renewal clause, I think we can go with it.

It really shouldn't be that difficult to get together with our allies and discuss a treaty renewal. If that is a terrible burden for us, then maybe we're the group that isn't taking this treaty seriously, not the other way around. Moreover it would prevent treaties from falling inactive and stop us from having to appeal treaties en masse, as we're currently doing.

To Unibot's point, whether we need to pass it by 50%+1 or 60% (it would be the 60%) isn't Spiritus' concern, but is our concern. The fact that we can't figure out our laws is not a reason to force change with a diplomatic partner.

To Kris' concern of names, if Spritius really wants it as is, I'm fine with it. If it's updated once a year, it'll never be *that* out of date.

I'm also with Aram about the Duck/Lampshade stuff. But, it generally seems fine, as long as we all understand it's a joke clause.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread