We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Puerto Rico: Statehood, Colony or Independence?

Let's talk about my island, Puerto Rico.

Known as "La Isla del Encanto", but I call it "La Isla del Infiermo", Puerto Rico is a Free Association State(aka colony). We have our own government and such, but we are under the jurisdiction of the US, and we are American citizens, but we are not represented by voting representatives, just a non-voting delegate in Congress, and we don't vote for the President. The majority of puertorricans want either statehood or the ELA. Only 5% want independence.

But what I find ironic is that Latinoamerican countries want our independence, whilist we don't want it. Most noticeable countries that wish our independence are Venezuela, Cuba and Argentina(gosh, won't they accept that we don't want to be in their sphere of influence and that we don't desire independence?!)

What does TSP think about this?
Deputy Regional Minister of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-May 19, 2014)

Local Council Member(April 24-August 11)

Court Justice of TSP(August 15-December 7)

Messages In This Thread
Puerto Rico: Statehood, Colony or Independence? - by Ryccia - 05-30-2015, 03:13 PM