We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate Debate

I feel that people are reading what I'm saying and understanding it as, "No, FA is elite and we don't need new players." When what I'm really saying is, "The old ways are irrelevant. We need new ways to get players involved. And we need to recognize that becoming educated in Gameplay politics isn't something everybody will want to or be able to do, so let's not expect to reproduce the GRs, Unibots, Onders, and Ravens of NS through guides and fellowships."

I think Hileville is offering a rosy picture that ultimately cannot be delivered, because he has no new ideas. People seem to be clinging to that because it's known and so it's safe. But are we going to learn our lesson if it fails, like history suggests it will? Or will a foreign service become embedded into MoFA until a new me comes to recognize reality and dismantle it?

Messages In This Thread
Delegate Debate - by Kris Kringle - 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM