We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate Debate

Glen, I think you are looking at it through a different lens. You are proposing a results-based strategy. A foreign service wasn't efficient, same with a foreign update, so you eliminated both. Hileville (and others) are proposing an objectives-based strategy. They believe that we need a distribution network (the foreign service), so whether it is 100% effective at drawing attention or not isn't that relevant as having one. Ultimately, it depends on what kind of outlook you have for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Personally, and being the last Minister to have fully staffed the foreign service and distributed updates throughout his whole term, I can say that being an ambassador is extremely unrewarding and offers you no actual experience in foreign affairs. So if someone thinks reviving ambassadors will help newcomers get involved, they can stop believing that right now. If they believe that a distribution network is needed anyways, then that's another matter, but I still don't think we need a whole bureaucracy to do something one or two people (a Minister and a Deputy) could do in a few minutes.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
Delegate Debate - by Kris Kringle - 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM