We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate Debate

(This might me more appropriate for my own campaign thread, but we're already here...)

I don't understand that critique, SB. MoFA has never been the most accessible to players or most directly visible. Raven staffed it with his friends. Before me, we had the terrible ambassador system under HEM and Hileville, that was terminally inactive and impossible to manage, despite the hard work they put in under it. I was an ambassador and a deputy under other MoFAs, and I was never trained or taught about Gameplay politics. I learned that myself.

So I can't help but feel that I'm being held to standards nobody else has ever been held to in the position. You might think FA is removed from the region because what I've done are things you disagree with. I think if I had acquiesced to Euro and the imperialists, and avoided making real change, you may not feel the way you do. (This isn't an attack on you, but rather an observation that people don't feel connected to those they disagree with.)

I've taken on deputies every term. And these have always been new players. In my first term, Horse was my deputy and we had a foreign service. In my second, I had multiple deputies over the term, each going on to run in another election. So this criticism that there hasn't been participation is, I think, false. I accept that I'm being punished for an inactive summer. There's nothing I can do about that-- I couldn't singlehandedly make NS active. And I accept that communication is an issue, though this term there was little to communicate about.

But I think the criticisms of my whole tenure as MoFA are wrong and unfair. I haven't been any less accessible than any of predecessors. I simply haven't given away useless jobs and titles. It makes me wonder if Hileville will be held to the same standards. Will we be saying the same things if his foreign service is inactive like all the past ones? Or will the goal posts change in 4 months? If I end up being right, based on all the evidence I've given for why his idea is bad, will we finally give up on this line of attack and criticism? I'm very skeptical. But I certainly will be keeping a close and critical eye on everything under Hileville's tenure.

Messages In This Thread
Delegate Debate - by Kris Kringle - 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM