We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Delegate Debate

Hi folks.

I do have a question for one of the candidates (ProfessorHenn), and don't exactly have a public place upon which to post so I apologise if this isn't the place for it. I don't believe a lot of TSP'ers will have seen a certain interview he conducted with Govindia - someone who is rather infamous for various kinds of harassment, and blackmail - over his decade in NationStates at the end of last year. It has just been posted as part of Wintreath's latest update and I'd like to hear from someone who aspires to be delegate of a feeder - exactly what he thinks what message it sends to people who have been victims of Govindia or suffered as a result of his actions.

As a Resident (Eagleswing has been resident in TSP for pretty much the entire time since its founding in 2013, with brief intervals), I'd like to ask ProfessorHenn whether he felt the interview was a wise course of action given that Govindia has been banned for harassment in The East Pacific (and don't forget the blackmail attempt he made as well), Equilism, Taijitu, Osiris, The North Pacific and various other regions?

You are well aware of several people who he's harassed, unfortunately. You know his story well - it's one that most people will ensure new players know about. He was banned from TSP's Zetaboard forum back in 2009 for harassment of someone who was, I believe, underage at the time if what I've read from that board is correct.

Whilst the timing of this interview being published is regretful, it raises a pretty hefty serious question - as Delegate would you allow him back into this region and community, knowing his history? As someone who has made no secret of your ambition to reach the highest office in this region, why would you consort with someone of this type?

Thank you in advance, and I apologise again for posting this here.

Messages In This Thread
Delegate Debate - by Kris Kringle - 07-20-2015, 01:23 PM