We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Uncomfortable with certain mod actions

(03-01-2016, 05:45 PM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 05:34 PM)HEM Wrote: I didn't say you closed it because you didn't like it. I said it was not your place to close it, and that is my opinion. I then came to the Operations Center to lodge my opinion in a professional and respectful manner. I did not accuse you of being corrupt, or evil, or not having our best interests at heart — I gave my opinion. I am told we live in a region where that is allowed.

And furthermore, the implication that my opinion is somehow irreconcilable with my "ideas" is rather upsetting. 

This response is disappointing, and to be completely honest Tsu, a little beneath you.

Let's be clear -- I fielded calls to close that thread for two days before I actually did. I tried to bring it back on topic and was in the process of trying to pull everyone together.

This is this my most graceful moment? No. I'm aware of that.

Did I just snap at you? Absolutely. So my legitimately sorry if I'm reacting out of anger.

Frankly, I'm frustrated and out of ideas. I've been mediating fights literally all day today and it's starting to get the better of me.

We both know that I only intervene when all else fails and -- I agree with you -- that I hope that remains an admin policy. But, I'm not going to lie that when I've given my all and still get criticized, I take it personally. So once again, I apologize if I've been harsh.

I accept your apology. I understand this is an incredibly challenging period, but I truly believe that ignoring behavior we are opposed to in the short-term in the name of harmony, is part of the culture that has kicked our problems down the road. I think we need to be frank and honest, while also being appreciative.

Thank you for your effort. Thank you for your service. Your hard work has not be overlooked — at least by me. I want to thank the entire administrative team for their unpaid service. Thank you.
Formerly Relevant, Currently Former.

Messages In This Thread
Uncomfortable with certain mod actions - by HEM - 03-01-2016, 04:39 PM
RE: Uncomfortable with certain mod actions - by HEM - 03-01-2016, 05:52 PM