We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

What makes a good Chair of Assembly?

Bearing in mind that my understanding of how everything works around here is in its infancy to say the least, but in all other circumstances a good chair has the following characteristics at the very least:

- Ability to keep discussion on topic, redirecting it to the point as necessary, forcibly if needed.
- Ability to remain impartial during discussions, so as to facilitate them and not to participate in them or use their position to grandstand.
- Ability to bring disputes under control and not to escalate them.
- Organisational ability to ensure that any discussion results in action, if necessary, or is kept brief if no action is necessary.

Okay, that's all I can think of right now, but I am being distracted by my daughter refusing to eat her dinner, so...
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8

Messages In This Thread
What makes a good Chair of Assembly? - by Roavin - 05-12-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: What makes a good Chair of Assembly? - by Seraph - 05-13-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: What makes a good Chair of Assembly? - by Awe - 05-14-2016, 01:03 PM