We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cupcake Princess for MoMA!

Qualifications

While not part of R/D gameplay for long, I've made quite an impression in that short time, all under the SPSF flag. I've detagged and defended hundreds of regions, liberated many tens of regions, and have organized several operations, such as SPSF's liberation of Hypernova House from Osiris (together with Imki). My name and brand are known and respected in NSGP.

I've worked together with many regions. I've done a significant amount of work together with the Grey Wardens, but also with the FRA, LLA, NPA, SDF, and many more. Finally, I’m also the one that found and created the new SPSF jump point region, Versailles Isle.

Where to go from here

Imki has done an incredible job in many ways. She got SPSF back on its feet and more relevant than it's been in many years, maybe even back to 2003/2004 (!), and built a large network of friendly militaries on all sides of the aisle to potentially work with. Any candidate for MoMA would be well-advised to build upon that foundation, and my plan is to do just that.

There is a lot of training to be done. I was already in charge of training during Imki’s term, so I would continue to do that. Part of that would involve writing more guides and planning more training missions.

Related to training, I’d like to foster the autonomy of our soldiers. If SPSF proper is not doing anything, they should be encouraged to work with friends and allies. Not only does it help them gather experience, it also keeps them motivated and engaged, and while I wouldn’t require it, ideally they would do so flying the SPSF flag, and be proud to do so.

Finally, we need a direction.

Direction

We are a feeder, and as such have a unique responsibility to get people involved in NationStates. This extends to R/D gameplay as well. Even if people don’t stick around our great region (unfortunately!), we should give them the tools and knowledge to be able to succeed in other places as well, irrespective of R/D alignment. It’s our responsibility as a feeder.

Now, that doesn’t mean we can’t be good, kind citizens of the NationStates Universe, and in fact, I think we should. We should respect the sovereignty and dignity of regions that are wholly uninvolved or only marginally involved in military gameplay, and protect them when they are threatened.

On the other hand, we as a region do have values. We reject discrimination and intolerance based on gender, race, sexuality, etc.; this does not apply to the universe as a whole, so why shouldn’t SPSF take the fight to those hateful places? (This may necessitate a change to X.3 of our charter, which I would be willing to introduce to the assembly regardless)

In general, I'd like to craft a guideline, in cooperation with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, on our priorities and direction. This should include the points above, but also include more work in assisting our allies, for example with delegate transitions.

Conclusion

I hope to have presented the case for my candidacy, and I welcome and encourage any questions you may have.

-- Roavin
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

Messages In This Thread
Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-05-2016, 01:42 AM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by USoVietnam - 10-05-2016, 04:13 AM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-05-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-05-2016, 10:22 AM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-06-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Belschaft - 10-06-2016, 01:50 PM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Roavin - 10-06-2016, 02:42 PM
RE: Cupcake Princess for MoMA! - by Tsunamy - 10-06-2016, 06:30 PM