We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Cupcake Princess for MoMA!

Qualifications

While not part of R/D gameplay for long, I've made quite an impression in that short time, all under the SPSF flag. I've detagged and defended hundreds of regions, liberated many tens of regions, and have organized several operations, such as SPSF's liberation of Hypernova House from Osiris (together with Imki). My name and brand are known and respected in NSGP.

I've worked together with many regions. I've done a significant amount of work together with the Grey Wardens, but also with the FRA, LLA, NPA, SDF, and many more. Finally, I’m also the one that found and created the new SPSF jump point region, Versailles Isle.

Where to go from here

Imki has done an incredible job in many ways. She got SPSF back on its feet and more relevant than it's been in many years, maybe even back to 2003/2004 (!), and built a large network of friendly militaries on all sides of the aisle to potentially work with. Any candidate for MoMA would be well-advised to build upon that foundation, and my plan is to do just that.

There is a lot of training to be done. I was already in charge of training during Imki’s term, so I would continue to do that. Part of that would involve writing more guides and planning more training missions.

Related to training, I’d like to foster the autonomy of our soldiers. If SPSF proper is not doing anything, they should be encouraged to work with friends and allies. Not only does it help them gather experience, it also keeps them motivated and engaged, and while I wouldn’t require it, ideally they would do so flying the SPSF flag, and be proud to do so.

Finally, we need a direction.

Direction

We are a feeder, and as such have a unique responsibility to get people involved in NationStates. This extends to R/D gameplay as well. Even if people don’t stick around our great region (unfortunately!), we should give them the tools and knowledge to be able to succeed in other places as well, irrespective of R/D alignment. It’s our responsibility as a feeder.

Now, that doesn’t mean we can’t be good, kind citizens of the NationStates Universe, and in fact, I think we should. We should respect the sovereignty and dignity of regions that are wholly uninvolved or only marginally involved in military gameplay, and protect them when they are threatened.

On the other hand, we as a region do have values. We reject discrimination and intolerance based on gender, race, sexuality, etc.; this does not apply to the universe as a whole, so why shouldn’t SPSF take the fight to those hateful places? (This may necessitate a change to X.3 of our charter, which I would be willing to introduce to the assembly regardless)

In general, I'd like to craft a guideline, in cooperation with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, on our priorities and direction. This should include the points above, but also include more work in assisting our allies, for example with delegate transitions.

Conclusion

I hope to have presented the case for my candidacy, and I welcome and encourage any questions you may have.

-- Roavin
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]

As MoMA, What will be your general strategy for the duration of the term?

As MoMA, how would you improve our military's training program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Chief Supervising Armchair

(10-05-2016, 02:19 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: As MoMA, What will be your general strategy for the duration of the term?

Not sure what you mean - did you mean general strategy as in overall approach, or general strategy as in who will be a General? I'll just answer both :>

Overall approach: More involvement, more training, more practice missions, focus on being a force "for good".

Approach to General appointmens: Resentine is the only SPSF General at the moment, and I don't plan to appoint somebody else to that position at this time. We do have promising individuals in our military that, with a bit more practice, training, and experience, would absolutely have that potential, however.

(10-05-2016, 04:13 AM)vietnam Wrote: As MoMA, how would you improve our military's training program?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Military training this term was basically: Go update with Roavin, he'll explain. That wasn't because of anybody's fault, but rather out of necessity - we didn't really have anybody except Resentine when he was available, and I had the fortune of getting training by some pretty experienced gameplayers, so I took over passing on the knowledge I've gotten. I've not been perfect on that matter, I know.

(I must mention that I'm proud to see how quickly you were able to pick things up and how much you basically taught yourself without needing me - that's awesome!)

That won't fundamentally change initially, but I want to make it a point to make more lessons including lesson plans at scheduled times, and there are many things that we need to spread among our soldiers. We need more people good at spotting, including non-updaters, and we absolutely need more people that can set a good trigger. The guide on military gameplay in NSGP is out of date, overly verbose, and simply not good. I believe we can work together to make something shorter, more adapted for our use, but surely better.

One of my ideas for training and gathering experience is a sort of cowboy-and-indian detag run. One group of SPSFers pretend to be tag raiders - they set triggers and try to infiltrate regions. The other group of SPSFers pretend to be defenders chasing them - they don't know about the target regions, and try to jump in after the "raiders". The clue: The regions that are infiltrated are all tagged regions, and whoever manages to take the region (no matter if on the "raider" or "defender" team) then detags that region and graciously leaves. It's both raider training and defender training, and something that should make the somewhat janitorial duty of detags fun.

(10-05-2016, 04:49 AM)Roavin Wrote:
(10-05-2016, 02:19 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: As MoMA, What will be your general strategy for the duration of the term?

Not sure what you mean - did you mean general strategy as in overall approach, or general strategy as in who will be a General? I'll just answer both :>

Overall approach: More involvement, more training, more practice missions, focus on being a force "for good".

Approach to General appointmens: Resentine is the only SPSF General at the moment, and I don't plan to appoint somebody else to that position at this time. We do have promising individuals in our military that, with a bit more practice, training, and experience, would absolutely have that potential, however.

As in a more of an overall approach. Like are you going to lead the SPSF to be more of a raider or defender, target specific regions, etc. Aside from more training, and practice missions.

(10-05-2016, 09:02 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: As in a more of an overall approach. Like are you going to lead the SPSF to be more of a raider or defender, target specific regions, etc. Aside from more training, and practice missions.

Ah. The section "Direction" outlines that: Protect other regions from attacks on their sovereignty, but strike regions with hateful ideologies.

Basically, raider against hate and defender otherwise, but I wanted to avoid the words raider/invader/defender altogether because they're loaded.

So to question, if the NPA/ERN/RAL (TNP, Euro, Albion) was organising a raid and asked the SPSF to attend, would they?

(10-05-2016, 11:54 PM)Lord Ravenclaw Wrote: So to question, if the NPA/ERN/RAL (TNP, Euro, Albion) was organising a raid and asked the SPSF to attend, would they?

Depends on the target.

How would you describe yourself in terms of defender, raider, independent, etc?
Minister of Media, Subversion and Sandwich Making
Associate Justice of the High Court and Senior Moderator

[Image: B9ytUsy.png]