We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

The Commission on Procedure (COP)

Good day to you all. I said in my campaign for CoA that I was dedicated to ensuring that we codify the rules and procedures of this Assembly. Here is the 3 step plan me and my Deputy are looking at:
1. Commission on Procedure: looks at existing procedures and will work to create an entirely new set of them based on the current one
2. Public Debate: the Commission will submit any bills and amendments it recommends to the Assembly for public debate and input.
3. Voting: after public discussion final proposals will be voted on and (hopefully) adopted.

The requirements to serve on the commission is that you must be a legislator, and fill out the below application and be accepted. Applicants many either post their application in this thread or may PM their application to the Chair (me). We will determine who will serve on the commission and will work to create a diverse commission.
I would like to add though that party affiliation will have no bearing in the selection process.

The commission will be looking at the following topics as well as anything commissioners belive should be covered:
  • Procedure for debate
  • List of acceptable motions
  • Powers the Chair has
  • Procedure for votes
  • Procedure for something be brought back to a vote
  • Procedure for competing legislation
  • Codifying DCoA

I and the DCoA have decided that we will see how many people besides ourselves are invited onto the commission based on how many applicants we get.
Here is the application:
Code:
[b]Are you currently a legislator in TSP?[/b]
[b]Have you ever served as (D)CoA or a similar role here or in another region? If yes please provide details.[/b]
[b]Have you ever read RL rules of procedure (ex: Roberts Rules of Order, Rules of the Senate)? If yes please provide details.[/b]
[b]Have you ever written passed legislation here in TSP? If yes please provide details.[/b]
[b]Have you ever been convicted of a crime in any region? If yes please provide details.[/b]
[b]If there is anything you wish to include you may do so here:[/b]
The application period will end in 7 days.
We look forward to seeing the applications we get.
Above all else, I hope to be a decent person.
Has Been
What's Next?

CoA: August 2016-January 2017
Minister of Foreign Affairs: October 2019-June 2020, October 2020- February 2021

Messages In This Thread
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 10-15-2016, 12:37 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Roavin - 10-15-2016, 01:31 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-03-2016, 09:25 PM
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-04-2016, 06:07 AM
The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 11-04-2016, 04:40 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Ryccia - 11-04-2016, 07:28 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-09-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Roavin - 01-26-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-26-2017, 08:34 PM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Tim - 01-27-2017, 03:53 AM
RE: The Commission on Procedure (COP) - by Omega - 01-27-2017, 09:53 AM