We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Stronger in Unity | Sandaoguo for Delegate!

I’m running for Delegate because I believe that we are stronger together than we are divided. I’ve been dedicated to The South Pacific for the past four years, and I want to continue strengthening the bonds between our communities.

I believe that the in-game community is unique and should retain its special place in our region as a social hub, and not be transformed into a divisive political battleground. As Delegate, I support self-governance for the in-game community and the forums. We must strive to make joining both communities a seamless process, not by erasing our differences, but by embracing them.

The job of the Delegate is not to be an iron-fisted ruler, but a kind-hearted advisor to new and old players alike. I believe I have the experience and the capability to bridge our divides instead of exacerbating them.

With your vote, we can make The South Pacific the jewel of NationStates!

Advising the Local Council

The Local Council has been an interesting experiment in in-game governance, but a common complaint from Councilors has been that they’re unsure what their job actually is. The Delegate, as an experienced player, should be there to guide and advise newer players who want to work in the Local Council. As Delegate, I will support new players on the Local Council, introducing them to in-game governance and helping them make the in-game community into what they want it to be, rather than a carbon copy of the forum’s politics-oriented game.

I believe that surveys have shown time and again that most players don’t want the RMB filled with our often esoteric political debates, and certainly don’t want the acrimonious fights that come with it all. As Delegate, I would promote the idea of making in-game governance unique to the interests and characteristics of the RMB’s social hub feel. The best way to improve the TSP experience is to make it more welcoming, and cutthroat politics often has the opposite effect.

World Assembly

I’m currently a member of the six-person moderating group of the General Assembly, called the General Assembly Secretariat (or GenSec). At GenSec, my duties are to interpret the proposal writing rules and determine if submitted proposals violate them. This is a position of significant power granted to us for our long-term dedication and experience in that part of the game. Being a member of GenSec, I want to promote the importance of the World Assembly in our region. We’ve tried this in the past, but it was usually sidelined under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which had to deal with more pressing issues.

As Delegate, there’s not much to do on a day-to-day basis, so there’s a lot more time to dedicate to introducing TSP to the World Assembly. I would start by bringing the debate about issues raised in World Assembly proposals to the RMB. These proposals raise questions that are directly applicable to the real world, and would engender thoughtful debate. While the in-game community doesn’t want to get mired in TSP’s forum politics, it really does enjoy debating real-world issues!

From there, I would like to get a TSP-branded resolution passed. Again, this is an opportunity to work with the Local Council and the RMB, particularly on deciding which issue we should write on. We could also vote on the final product, before submitting it to the World Assembly. I think this would be a fun project and introduce an element of NationStates to many players who haven’t ever been involved in the World Assembly.

TSP's Security

I have a reputation for being highly dedicated to maintaining TSP’s sovereignty against attacks both foreign and domestic. The most consequential thing we can do to ensure TSP’s security is increase the influence distribution among our WA members. I want to work with The North Pacific and try to implement their World Assembly Program in our own region. My coding background would help with generating lists of new WA members, who’s gained the most endorsements, and other metrics by which we can recognize TSPers. This would be an intensive endeavor, so it’s the perfect opportunity for the Local Council, Ministry on Regional Affairs, and other volunteers to work together.

[Image: DooDzFU.png]

The future is brighter united. Let’s work together to make great things happen!

Messages In This Thread
Stronger in Unity | Sandaoguo for Delegate! - by sandaoguo - 01-02-2017, 04:36 PM