We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prime Minister/Appointed Cabinet Discussion

While we are having discussions about the region, this is one I think we also need to have.

What does the Prime Minister do and do we need one?

Does anyone really know what the job of the PM is? Does the PM do anything? The PM was created to adopt the Cabinet duties of the Delegate yet the PM has no real power. The PM is more of a figurehead than the Delegate.

To quote from DM himself "To be quite honest, I haven't done all that much these past two terms."

The creation of the PM has added to our stagnation and complacency. DM will always be re-elected as he has no record to defend, no one sees the need to run against him because no one really knows what the job of PM is.

My own belief is that we should either get rid of the PM and replace it with the old Delegate system or my preferred way would to have an appointed Cabinet appointed by the PM at least for the short term.

The Delegate/PM has to get really involved in cultural events. Things like journalism, role-play, festivals, RMB games, RS, Spam games etc are what keeps the region running, but they aren't given proper attention, they are left for the MoRA to do alone. Those things should be treated as regional priorities and since the PM would be the only one up for election he/she would have to get properly involved and not just leave it for a Minister to do.

At the very least, elections would be much more exciting! Tounge
Europeian Ambassador to The South Pacific
Former Local Council Member
Former Minister of Regional Affairs
Former High Court Justice

Messages In This Thread
Prime Minister/Appointed Cabinet Discussion - by Punchwood - 02-07-2017, 04:52 PM