We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Prime Minister/Appointed Cabinet Discussion

(02-08-2017, 01:45 PM)Punchwood Wrote: I must thank you all however as you've proven my point perfectly. You all care too much about the status-quo than even think about supporting any change or any new idea from anyone. I can see why Tsu would not like this, it would mean some real competition for him come Delegate elections. Tsu like DM has no record to defend so everyone thinks he's done an amazing job. When there is nothing for you to defend as there is nothing for you to do, you'll have always done a good job and so there is no need for someone to challenge you, and so the status-quo remains the same.

Punch, I'm personally a bit offended by this assertion. I am happy with that there was a lot of interest in the delegate election and am equally disappointed that we don't have more candidates for Cabinet elections.

While I get what you're getting at, the most important here in that the delegate seat should not be changing hands every four months. The idea here is that the PM is the head of government so we don't have to turn over the controls every four months. Again, I think you're taking DM's humility too literally.

I personally don't endorse Roavin's statement in that you have a long history of serving the region and I think there's space for you here. However, I don't really appreciate being maligned as power hungry, considering I'm pretty much anything but.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Prime Minister/Appointed Cabinet Discussion - by Tsunamy - 02-08-2017, 06:14 PM