We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[Ammendment] Election Act - Local Council Elections

(02-21-2017, 04:08 PM)Belschaft Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 04:05 PM)Tsunamy Wrote: Not to start crossing testy threads or anything ... but I feel like federalism only works if there are multiple independent smaller governments involved.

I mean, I get what both sides are saying. But, I think the rub is because there's only one but kinda two governments.

Which is my point; the Local Council isn't and can't be a "separate" government, as there's only one TSP. What it is is a distinct part of this government, with a mix of duties/responsibilities and a focus on the in-game region.

I mean, I literally said that I get what you're saying. :s

But, once against for those in the back, I also think it's clear what Glen is trying to do. He's trying to power a subset to hand their own while keeping it tangentially related to the overarching government.

The problem is that we currently have things like the "Election Act" which dictate all of our election functions ... despite being held/done/conceived in two different ways.

AND — just to got for a trifecta of angry thread — I'm not sure how to fix this problem. Perhaps we need a new political party to figure it out. Tounge
-tsunamy
[forum admin]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Ammendment] Election Act - Local Council Elections - by Tsunamy - 02-21-2017, 04:15 PM