We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Islands for delegate.

[Image: IslandsForDelegateSmall.png]

New leadership for The South Pacific
One Region. One vision.

OPENING STATEMENT
I don’t believe in “Big Man” politics, I firmly believe that the best leaders are ones who work together with others, who listen to ideas, and who aren’t afraid of change. I believe in something closer to “Librarian” politics: A leadership style where intelligence is valued over shouting ability, where it’s not about the slogan but about the idea, and where a leader is courageous enough to let good ideas work; even if they’re not their own. If I am elected delegate I will work closely with the Cabinet, Assembly, and LC to see what is best for the region, not what I think is best for myself. I fully intend to listen to everybody when making a decision, because the delegate is most of all: A South Pacifican, voted in from a group of South Pacificans and by South Pacificans. History isn’t made by individuals, it’s made by groups.  

MY GOALS AS DELEGATE:
My ultimate goals as delegate will be to make sure there is a working, well-functioning government working in a thriving region, so naturally my first and most important goal as delegate will be to ensure a region that works together. These aren't just words: All goals below are subservient and under the ultimate goal of having the region function and thrive, and i would never do anything to risk the region, even if that means i don't get “My way”. The region is more important than politics.
  1. To avoid “Big Man” politics, and work with everybody
  2. To help fully integrate new users in the government and game
  3. To work to make sure both sides of the Raider/Defender groups feel welcome in TSP
  4. To work towards becoming the largest region in game
  5. To help and work in the WA in a manner that benefits The South Pacific.

MY VIEW OF THE POSITION OF THE DELEGATE
My understanding of the role of the delegate in this region is that it is a “figurehead”; the head of state and not government, and therefore is more suited for a reserved and thoughtful leader. The best thing about the role of the delegate, is that while they dont have a lot of power enshrined in the charter, they are able to help and assist the region in their own way. If given the opportunity I will use the role to help all facets of the region to succeed, and to work with everybody willing in a way that makes sense.

WHO I AM AND WHAT I BELIEVE
I am first and foremost a believer in “Librarian” politics, but who else am i? I am a young leader, not just in the NationStates world, but in the offline world as well. I have experience in various roles of leadership in the offline world, and would like to take what i have learned from those experiences to this region. My ultimate goal in life is to be somebody who works in politics, i am a passionate person with passionate beliefs.I believe in civil debates, town halls, and being nice to your political opponents. I think that most arguments can be solved by calm conversation, and that if you yell or pull rank then you’ve already lost.I think that most of the issues in the region that divide us can be solved without toxicity.

WHY YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ME, AND WHY “BIG MAN” LEADERSHIP IS BAD.
I have been in plenty of situations where people misuse positions of leadership, or do not fully understand how to effectively deploy leadership skills into a situation. I have seen people who cannot wait for others to mess up to use the chance to degrade, make fun of, and tear down others. I have experienced the troubles of “Big Man” leadership first hand, and know how it keeps others down and doesn’t allow a lot of room for people to prosper. Real leaders should strive to empower others around them, and should hope to work together on the things it makes sense to. I am asking you to vote for me because i will make the conscious effort to not be the “Big man” leader, and i will work towards unity in the region. People are better when they work together.
[-] The following 4 users Like islands_of_unity's post:
  • Flemingisa, New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Seraph, Somyrion

Messages In This Thread
Islands for delegate. - by islands_of_unity - 07-02-2018, 03:30 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by Belschaft - 07-02-2018, 03:44 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by islands_of_unity - 07-02-2018, 03:53 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by Tim - 07-02-2018, 04:07 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by islands_of_unity - 07-02-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by islands_of_unity - 07-02-2018, 05:21 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by Seraph - 07-02-2018, 05:25 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by islands_of_unity - 07-02-2018, 05:35 PM
RE: Islands for delegate. - by USoVietnam - 07-03-2018, 03:02 AM