We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Proposed change to the Elections Act

(Bear with me here, this is my first time proposing something)
The Elections Act states that:
3. Office of The Delegate Wrote:(3) After receiving the top two candidates in the forum election, the sitting Delegate will create a week-long regional poll accessible to Native World Assembly members, instructing them to vote for their preferred candidate.
a. A Dispatch containing the campaigns of both candidates will be created to aid voters in their choice.
b. The candidate who wins a majority of the votes will be declared the Delegate-elect.
While the idea of delegate voting in a regional poll is great, there's one problem with this: It forces the delegate to do it. As said by our current delegate, Seraph, in this post says that he may not be able to do it as soon as possible. Therefore, I propose this amendment:
Quote:(3) After receiving the top two candidates in the forum election, the sitting Delegate or a regional officer chosen by the sitting Delegate will create a week-long regional poll accessible to Native World Assembly members, instructing them to vote for their preferred candidate.
a. A Dispatch containing the campaigns of both candidates will be created to aid voters in their choice.
b. The candidate who wins a majority of the votes will be declared the Delegate-elect.
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?
[-] The following 3 users Like New Haudenosaunee Confederacy's post:
  • Escade, southern bellz, USoVietnam

Messages In This Thread
[PASSED] Proposed change to the Elections Act - by New Haudenosaunee Confederacy - 07-12-2018, 05:40 PM