We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint against Concrete Slab

Your Honourable Justices,

Following the posting of the defence, I hereby submit Evidence and testimony in relatio to HCCC1802 in respect of New Haudenosaunee Confederacy v. Concrete Slab.

Abbvs
NHC = New Haudenosaunee Confederacy
CS = Concrete Slab
RMB = Regional Message Board
LC = Local Council
TSSS = The Solar System Scope
RP = Roleplay
TSP = The South Pacific

EVIDENCE
The Various Rules of the Regional Message Board
A RMB Etiquette and Rules - Midand
B Legislation of the Local Council
C Laws Passed by the Local Council

The Role Playing Issue:

The posts relevant to the consideration begin on page 12,923 of the Regional Message Board and continue onto Page 12,927 and covers nearly 3 hours.

D NHC beginning post #1
E NHC Post 2
F NHC Post 3
G NHC Post 4
H NHC Post 5
I NHC Post 6
J NHC Post 8
K NHC Post 9
M NHC Post 10
N NHC Post 11
O The Solar System Scope Indication of RP move following NHC Post 11
P NHC Post 12
Q NHC Post 13
R Concrete Slab's request to move RP following NHC Post 13
S NHC Post 14
T NHC objecting Post 1
U Concrete slabs request 2
V NHC objecting Post 2
W Concrete Slab request 3
X NHC RP post 15
Y NHC objecting Post 3

The remaining posts are included within the original complaint filed by NHC and therefore not included here.

DISCUSSION: Background

The claim has been made that CS acted corruptedly in suppressing posts by NHC made at and around 07:00 until 10:00(AEDT), 26 November 2018, as noted in Evidence D through Y and the original complaint of NHC.

The evidence presented shows RP of at least 15 posts, undertaken by NHC.

The Evidence also shows (items O and R) that two LC members, TSSS and CS, indicated a move to a role playing region was required.

The evidence provided by NHC to this court suggests that role playing is legal on the site and that there is no indication as to the right to suppress any posts.

I contend NHC is a highly valued member of the RMB and the South Pacific. NHC's expert skills at coding, dispatches and RP are without question and I hold NHC in a very dear part of my affections. He has run for office in the LC, participated actively in court and Assembly matters and as a Legislator proven himself to be knowledgeable in the realms of law and legislation. I would contend that as an active member of the legislator Assembly for the past 6 months, NHC would be aware of the laws regarding the RMB. Indeed, the evidence at items V and Y shows that NHC understands the concept of the etiquette of the RMB.

There is an RMB etiquette and rules guide pinned to the TSP landing page. prepared by Midand and updated 42 days ago (as of 04:25 27 November 2018 AEDT) (evidence A) which states the current Stance as "RP is currently allowed in the TSP RMB but nations are advised to move it to the Wheres. " (the where's are Knowhere and Psomewhere, TSP's role-playing regions).

However, Midand's Guide is only a guide. The Laws of the LC can actually be found in the MATT-DUCK archive, found at Evidence B and C.

LCL #2: The RMB Roleplaying Act identifies role-playing as two types and states

"Both types of roleplay are legal on the RMB, but are required to move to their allocated roleplay regions after 5 posts. Local Councillors (or other Regional Officers) may suppress posts beyond the allowed 5, and should encourage the usage of our roleplay regions."

CS could not have been acting corruptly as he was acting within the laws of the LC which state, again "Local Councillors (or other Regional Officers) may suppress posts beyond the allowed 5".

TSSS indicated the RP should move after NHC post 11, CS followed suit after NHC Post 13.

If the laws are incorrect or incomplete that is not the fault of CS, the MATT-DUCK is the repository for the laws of the Coalition. In addition, it is only natural for any person to read Legislation as holding more weight than a Guide.

CS has admitted that he lost his patience with NHC, and suppressed posts. Which he then un-suppressed. But for this I head to Midand's Guide, as no law exists.
Clearly, the posts at Evidence T, V and Y show that NHC held no regard for the respect of the LC as guide rule 10 indicates. Further, spamming the board and failing to follow the legislation and direction of the LC suggests, that the suppression could have be merited under the guide to which NHC relies.

An apology was provided by CS to NHC for his actions, and no further action, I suggest, should be considered necessary.

I thank you for your time am happy to take any questions from your honourable justices.
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Imperial Frost Federation, Volaworand

Messages In This Thread
Indictment - by Kris Kringle - 11-26-2018, 10:57 AM
RE: Criminal Complaint against Concrete Slab - by Beepee - 11-26-2018, 01:57 PM
Verdict - by Kris Kringle - 12-26-2018, 11:00 AM
Sentence - by Kris Kringle - 05-27-2020, 09:20 PM