We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Criminal Complaint against Concrete Slab

The Criminal Code states that:
Quote:(7) Corruption shall be defined as the misuse of public office for private or personal advantage.
(3) If found guilty of any other crime listed above, the Judiciary will determine a sentence. The sentence must be proportionate to the offense.
Concrete Slab has been abusing their ability of RMB post suppression to suppress posts that disagree with their opinion.
This post was originally suppressed, but later suppressed, as well as this one. However, I cannot provide much evidence of this as they were unsuppressed except for other posts discussing the suppression, including the 2nd mentioned post as well as this post, this postand this post, as well as the posts quoted by this post. Concrete Slab also later admitted to this. I believe this is corruption because he is misusing his powers to try and prevent people from saying things that disagree with him.
EDIT: Yeah, I should probably explain my actual point a little better. Essentially, if people can't (legally) disagree with an RO, then that can make their opinion and their view the only one present on the RMB. This obviously shouldn't happen.
EDIT: This post was seemingly suppressed for no other reason than because Concrete Slab just thinks they can do whatever they want, which itself is corruption because then they misuse their regional powers for no other reason to screw around and do a lot of different things, such as the aforementioned suppression of posts that disagree with him.
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

Your honourable justices,

I provide the following statement to support the Court in it's consideration of the case. As is per normal, I apologise for formatting issues due to mobile versions.

I refer to the allegation of corruption made against @Concrete Slab (CS) by @New Haudenosaunee Confederacy (NHC)

As I understand NHC's case, the allegation is that CS abused his powers by suppressing posts on the RMB. This, it is alleged by NHC, is corruption.

I draw the Justices attention firstly to the Charter of the Coalition of the South Pacific, which is our primary constitutional law. Article 5 is pertinent here in that it states:

Clause 2 "The Local Council is entitled to self-administration within its jurisdiction on local issues, but may not pass laws or regulations that contradict this Charter or constitutional laws. "

The powers of the High Court are found in Part VIII

4. The High Court has the power to declare any general law or regulation, Cabinet directive, Chair determination, and Local Council law or regulation, in whole or in part, void upon determination that it violates the terms of this Charter or any other constitutional law.

Nothing in NHCs statement suggests a law or regulation has been passed, either unilaterally or multilaterally, by the Local Councillors in breach of this Clause.

Clause 3 states "The Local Council may not be denied the authority to run regional polls, create and pin Dispatches, and to suppress messages on the Regional Message Board according to a standard moderation policy. However, it may not alter the regional flags or tags, and may not send out mass telegrams, without the approval of the Delegate."

Of import here is the statement 'according to a standard moderation policy'.

The relevant policy is within the pinned RMB Etiquette and Rules dispatch, prepared by Midand found at https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=991786, which sets out the rules of posting on the RMB but provides no laws or rules as to the implementation of the rules. the post simply states that "there are rules in place when using [the rmb], set and enforced by our regional admin.", presumably the LC.

Indeed, the previous version, prepared by Mostly Benevolent Tyranny at https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=885165 , notes "the response [to] any breach of etiquette is at our discretion. "

I state this, as I can find no law relating to the suppression of RMB posts except "in accordance with the moderation policy". As there is no limitation within the moderation policy to the powers of the LC, I suggest the court must find that CS could not have breached a moderation policy. If CS could not have breached a moderation policy, that was at his discretion. The actions, surely, cannot be considered illegal by the Courts?

Even if the courts were to find that CS broke moderation policy.

NHC has considered the matter as corrupt.

The criminal code defines corruption in Part 1 Crimes as
(7) Corruption shall be defined as the misuse of public office for private or personal advantage.

NHC has not defined what private or personal advantage CS has obtained from this matter.

Even if the matter did lead to an advantage for CS, NHC confirms in his criminal complaint that the post have been un-suppressed, and therefore no gain exists at the time of the complaint.

I also refer your honourable justices notice of determination on "Auphelia is Corrupt" found at http://tspforums.xyz/thread-6285-page-3.html

I would most respectfully suggest that the same is outcome exists here.

Honorable justices,

I provide the following statement for the court:

The alleged charge of corruption against me are totally and completely false. NHC is just a person who loves to cause chaos and support entropy. 

The context of the situation is this: NHC was cluttering up the regional message board with a relatively plotless roleplay, and per the rmb etiquette and rules, asked him to move it to the designated roleplay regions. He immediately disrespected and insulted me, and I lost my temper. For this, I have no excuse. I am still new at this, it's only my first week, and I suppressed his next two posts just to get back at him and under his skin. In no way am I corrupt, I only have the best interests of TSP in mind. Not to mention, I unsuppressed the posts about five minutes later and publicly apologized.

As Beepee stated, NHC has done this before with a distinguished member of the community, Auphelia, and just wants to hurt me. We have never had a good relationship and had an argument during the LC election. I am not corrupt in any way and have served TSP well so far, these are just the actions of a misguided person who loves to degrade and is angry I beat him out for the position of Local Councilor.

Thank you for your time.

[Image: BYEo2lg.png]

Indictment

Whereas New Haudenosaunee Confederacy has requested this Court to indict Concrete Slab through the following request:

Concrete Slab has been abusing their ability of RMB post suppression to suppress posts that disagree with their opinion. I believe this is corruption because he is misusing his powers to try and prevent people from saying things that disagree with him.

Whereas this Court is empowered by Article V, Section 1 of the Judicial Act to indict individuals when it finds probable cause that they may have committed a crime, as codified in the Criminal Code.

It is resolved with respect to this Criminal Complaint as follows:
  1. The Court finds probable cause that Concrete Slab may have engaged in Corruption, a crime codified under Article I, Section 7 of the Criminal Code.
  2. This case shall be assigned the case number HCCC1802 and be referred to in full as New Haudenosaunee Confederacy v. Concrete Slab.
  3. Concrete Slab shall be contacted through telegram and given until 03 December 2018 to respond to the charge levied against them.
  4. The Local Council is hereby required to share with the Court its guidelines on the suppression of posts no later than 03 December 2018.
  5. The Court invites all able and willing members to submit any evidence or testimony relevant to this criminal case, no later than 03 December 2018.
  6. The Court reserves the right to consult with, and request evidence and private testimonies from, other government institutions and individuals, for the purposes of research and clarification of context.
  7. Chief Justice Kringle and Justice Belschaft shall be the presiding justices of this Criminal Case.
  8. The Court, in compliance with the Charter and the Judicial Act, retains the sole right to issue a verdict on this Criminal Case.
It is so ordered.

Kris Kringle
Chief Justice
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Your Honourable Justices,

I seek leave to present evidence and testimony relevant to this case and to present within the timescale indicated.

Respectfully,

Beepee

You are granted leave to present relevant evidence and testimony.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Thank you, your honour.

(11-25-2018, 09:31 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote: The Criminal Code states that:
Quote:(7) Corruption shall be defined as the misuse of public office for private or personal advantage.
(3) If found guilty of any other crime listed above, the Judiciary will determine a sentence. The sentence must be proportionate to the offense.
Concrete Slab has been abusing their ability of RMB post suppression to suppress posts that disagree with their opinion.
This post was originally suppressed, but later suppressed, as well as this one. However, I cannot provide much evidence of this as they were unsuppressed except for other posts discussing the suppression, including the 2nd mentioned post as well as this post, this postand this post, as well as the posts quoted by this post. Concrete Slab also later admitted to this. I believe this is corruption because he is misusing his powers to try and prevent people from saying things that disagree with him.
EDIT: Yeah, I should probably explain my actual point a little better. Essentially, if people can't (legally) disagree with an RO, then that can make their opinion and their view the only one present on the RMB. This obviously shouldn't happen.
EDIT: This post was seemingly suppressed for no other reason than because Concrete Slab just thinks they can do whatever they want, which itself is corruption because then they misuse their regional powers for no other reason to screw around and do a lot of different things, such as the aforementioned suppression of posts that disagree with him.

To clarify, I supressed the post of Liberation Midand because it originally referenced a "mouth orgasm", he changed it at my request  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Concrete Slab's post:
  • Volaworand

(11-26-2018, 10:08 AM)Concrete Slab Wrote: Honorable justices,

The alleged charge of corruption against me are totally and completely false. NHC is just a person who loves to cause chaos and support entropy. 

The context of the situation is this: NHC was cluttering up the regional message board with a relatively plotless roleplay, and per the rmb etiquette and rules, asked him to move it to the designated roleplay regions. He immediately disrespected and insulted me, and I lost my temper. For this, I have no excuse. I am still new at this, it's only my first week, and I suppressed his next two posts just to get back at him and under his skin. In no way am I corrupt, I only have the best interests of TSP in mind. Not to mention, I unsuppressed the posts about five minutes later and publicly apologized.

As Beepee stated, NHC has done this before with a distinguished member of the community, Auphelia, and just wants to hurt me. We have never had a good relationship and had an argument during the LC election. I am not corrupt in any way and have served TSP well so far, these are just the actions of a misguided person who loves to degrade and is angry I beat him out for the position of Local Councilor.

Thank you for your time.
No RMB etiquette states that I am legally required to move RP to another region. Also, it was not "plotless", it damn well had a plot. You're also saying you have no excuse but then immediately following it with an excuse. I also believe that somebody else unsuppressed the posts, as they were unsuppressed earlier than 5 minutes later.
You're also beyond incorrect to call me "misguided" and "angry", because you're the person that said this, which is even more angry and not even backed up by evidence, unlike ny claim. Also, I forfeited the LC election just because I knew both of us as LCs together wouldn't work, because you say things like the content of the aforementioned post.
EDIT: I'm noticing Beepee's post now. Suppressing opinions that aren't the opinions of someone makes their opinion the only present opinion on the RMB. That's obviously personal benefit. If somebody made it illegal to have a certain opinion represented in a real government, for example, then that would obviously be personal benefit. Also note that being able to post whatever the hell you want without limits is blatantly obviously personal benefit.
how am i even still a legislator at this point...?

(11-26-2018, 12:54 PM)New Haudenosaunee Confederacy Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 10:08 AM)Concrete Slab Wrote: Honorable justices,

Thank you for your time.
No RMB etiquette states that I am legally required to move RP to another region. Also, it was not "plotless", it damn well had a plot. You're also saying you have no excuse but then immediately following it with an excuse. I also believe that somebody else unsuppressed the posts, as they were unsuppressed earlier than 5 minutes later.
You're also beyond incorrect to call me "misguided" and "angry", because you're the person that said this, which is even more angry and not even backed up by evidence, unlike ny claim. Also, I forfeited the LC election just because I knew both of us as LCs together wouldn't work, because you say things like the content of the aforementioned post.
EDIT: I'm noticing Beepee's post now. Suppressing opinions that aren't the opinions of someone makes their opinion the only present opinion on the RMB. That's obviously personal benefit. If somebody made it illegal to have a certain opinion represented in a real government, for example, then that would obviously be personal benefit. Also note that being able to post whatever the hell you want without limits is blatantly obviously personal benefit.

The eitequtte states roleplay should be moved to other regions, not doing so clutters the rmb and ruins other converstaions. Knowhere was made for plot rp. Also, I was indeed the person to unsupress those posts. The only reason I said that post was because after I apoloigized to you, you still degraded me and refused to help me, so I lost my temper. I apologize again. I did not supress "your opinion". The rmb eitequtte dispatch states roleplay SHOULD be moved. There is no oponion here.