We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[PASSED] Cabinet Legislator Committee Appointments

(12-01-2018, 01:43 AM)Amerion Wrote: For the record, could the two nominees please submit a Conflict of Interest disclosure form in this thread?
Sure. Taken (and adapted) from my CRS CoI:

I currently only have one active nation (though others might not actually have CTEd yet...) that being Erinor in the South Pacific, where I hold Legislator status, an a member of the CRS and am a Discord chat moderator.

Previous positions: TSP - Local Councillor, MoRA, delegate, legal clerk (well, barely) and ambassadors to Albion and TNP. I was also the Founder and General Secretary of the Southern Progress Party and, before that, a member of the Island League.
Osiris - citizen for a month in 2016 (for an article I was writing)
The Celestial Union of Lazarus - citizen until the Funkadelia coup
Albion - citizen
TNP - citizen

Other nations (mostly CTEd):
Ezervolgyek
The Southern Pioneer
Wyngshade
Smokestack and Riddlepike
Terephah
Prospero on Tempest
SWAN proofreader
Seraphus

That's all I can recall.

(12-01-2018, 01:54 AM)Imperial Frost Federation Wrote: Congratations to both Seraph and Nakari for being appointed to the LegComm.
I do have 3 questions.

1. Will either appointee run for another position within the next year such as the next delegates election if nominated? If so, will you resign from LegComm in the event that you win the election?

2. I understand that somethings need to be classified for the sake of security, but what was process and criterion to choose the appointees?

3. I understand that the cabinet was in talks with the lone LegComm, but how much of a role did USo Vietnam ultimately play in deciding the appointees. Was he largely in an advisory role or actively discussing who he would like to work with?

1) I'm still planning on running for Delegate again in January. I see no conflict between the two roles (nor with my CRS membership) so would not intend to resign LegComm if elected. If it turns out there's huge public outcry over this, then I'll be confused, but I guess I'd just not run for Delegate. Being Delegate is undoubtedly more fun, but LegComm is the more necessary service.

2) This seems more directed at Cabinet than at Nakari and I, but for my part I had expressed a willingness to do the role. I should stress, it was definitely willingness, not eagerness. This is not a role I want, nor one I've been jockeying for in any way. It's a role I'm willing to do to be of my ability because someone needs to do it and not a lot of people were putting there hands up.

I should also stress, after that, that this is not a role I'm trying to wriggle out of or guilt trip people about, either. I just don't want folk to have the delusion that I sought this out for some kind of political influence or anything. It's a job that needs doing and I'm prepared to give it my best shot.

3) Okay, this is definitely a Cabinet question, but I didn't like to leave the list incomplete...
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 5 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Amerion, Beepee, Imperial Frost Federation, Nakari, Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Cabinet Legislator Committee Appointments - by Seraph - 12-01-2018, 03:08 AM