We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote for the Bee!

Oh hello there cute little doggo of @Midand.. *pats you affectionately*

How will you plan on finally (and hopefully fully) uniting gameside, forumside, and discord...side? As you talked about in your campaign dispatch, you've talked about better working with the LC and MORA. Is there anything else planned with this? Considering that the gap seems to grow, I long to see the day in which it happens. 
Can you elaborate on your plans? How will you ensure this accomplished? 

How do you do it, Beepee? Just, how?

Are there any other big changes you plan to bring about the Coalition? 

TL;DR
Vote Beepee for tireless dedication to all areas of TSP and a friendly guiding hand for newbies

Thank you. This is an important question and not an easy one to answer. (If it were easy it'd have been done already). Expect a tome!

Before I start, I need to make a few things clear. Firstly, there is still a connection, all is not lost and all is not as bad as it seems. Secondly, its a lot of work to get that cross spectrum connectivity. Thirdly, it can't be done alone, it needs a concentrated effort but that effort needs a driver - it can be left to it's own devices.

The delegate has a responsibility for all parts of TSP, they are the visible side of the Coalition for many of our citizens. Whilst the Assembly, Cabinet and CRS properly and appropriately carry out their functions offsite. The delegate must straddle the fine line between the many areas of TSP.

Since my founding in NS, I have been consistent and visible face in TSP jurisdictions. I have sought to bring the actions of the Assembly to the gameside in a fun, friendly and consistent manner, through journalism, activities and events, and welcoming and integration. I've tried to take the gamesides opinion into consideration as changes have been proposed to, say, election laws and security matters and I've encouraged others to join the Assembly and promoted our of site forums.

Our most respcted MoRA, headed by the ever loveable @Pencil Sharpeners has been a stalwart and has been excellent at driving forward our regional activities and goals, interacting and promoting events. USoV has done excellent work on Dispatch Organsiation and redevelopment. I cannot praise the work of all MoRA enough. It's a big job and it needs to be congratulated on the good work its doing. Long may it continue!

But by the same token there are areas of improvement. Some of our integration dispatches are overly long or outdated. Whilst the intent is laudable and with best intentions. This hinders some from seeking to take the next step from to Assembly.

Our welcoming and friendly LC are often the first interaction new nations have with TSP Government. The excellent rates of activity in that team are a testament to their dedication to the TSP family.

In order not to frighten away new nations LC often presents the Assembly and further TSP Governmental information to new nations in a simplified and easy to access way. This should continue. With my activity levels and regular RMB interaction, I believe I am one of the strongest candidates to support that team and to guide people discord and forum side.

The MoRA can be our most accessible area for a new legislator or citizen to take their first steps into civic service. Our welcoming and integration section, I believe may be becoming a high priority for them. Should I be elected, The MoRA will continue to get my full support to carry out their functions and activities and MoRA can expect me to support their moves to improve integration and undertake activities.

Our TSPforums can a scary place. It's layout and language, although necessary, could be offputting to some. I believe, at the moment a new legislator needs to be built up in confidence on the ways of our Assmebly. @Amerion has supported and been an excellent positive CoA; we are delighted with 'Stewie G's' patience and work. I would be delighted if likes of amerion became our knowledgeable and welcoming standard, whilst maintaining that robust and insightful discussion required to ensure robust legislation.

I appreciate the RMB is fast moving and scary, particularly for those who haven't visited in a while. But we can see the excitement that having a delegate or a cabinet member on the RMB causes. It causes excitement the likes of which haven't been seen since the Beatles. I wouldn't say that the Delegate and Cabinet are bigger than the Beatles... but maybe.

If elected, I would encourage the PM and Cabinet to visit and post on the RMB semi-regularly. It doesn't have to be daily, or for a lengthy period per day for example, but visit say hi, Promote their activities, actions and provide updates would be beneficial.

I will active my journalistic integrity to provide regular meaningful updates of Assembly matters to the RMB, through Delegates updates etc. And encourage those with the time and inclination to sign up.

I'll continue to support MoRA with fervour. We have highly involved, interesting individuals and resources which could benefit our MoRA even in junior roles. I'd encourage those with community minded spirit to get involved.

Can I have a spot by your throne when you begin your eternal rule as overlord?

Yes... you can be my lapdog! Blush
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Midand, Poppy, Seraph

Messages In This Thread
Vote for the Bee! - by Beepee - 01-02-2019, 12:57 AM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Beepee - 01-02-2019, 12:58 AM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Pronoun - 01-02-2019, 02:48 PM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Poppy - 01-02-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Beepee - 01-02-2019, 08:40 PM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Beepee - 01-02-2019, 09:35 PM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Gordon Freeman - 01-02-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: Vote for the Bee! - by Beepee - 01-02-2019, 09:57 PM