We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Vote for the Bee!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Assembly,

Vote for the Bee!

I am seeking your vote in the upcoming Delegate Election.

TL;DR
Vote Beepee for an active, caring, secure Delegate

I love the South Pacific. The South Pacific is my actual and 'online' home, as a result I want to see the South Pacific grow and flourish. I am delighted to set out, here, the opening of my campaign.

After considering my own strengths and thinking about the needs of TSP, I believe that I can be a positivite, active and invigorating delegate for the benefit of all TSP.

Activity and Integration

I believe the Delegate should be active gameside, forumside and discordside and, where possible, seek to bring and integrate people across platforms. I am active across and throughout our jurisdications. I have the energy, drive and time to maintain a high level of activity for the next term.

I have seen through my time as ambassador to LCRUA and more recently to TNP, some of the interesting and different work they have done to support and grow their regions.

Furthermore I would seek to work with the MoRA to promote inter-platform growth, including promoting and upgrading our integration dispatches and working to encourage new events and programmes.

Nurturing and Caring

I believe that the Delegate should seek to care, nurture and encourage the talent within the region to improve, grow and take on responsibilities within the region. Providing a caring and friendly face of government with a range of life experiences is important to empathise and support our TSP family. The Delegate has a duty of care and needs to be approachable and to genuinely care for those in TSP. I believe beyond my attitude and availability, my life experiences can assist in providing that duty of care. Having, and having had, irl caring, leadership and mediation careers, means I have the requisite skills to meet this end.

I believe the Delegate should support and uphold the values and principles we expect of our citizens and residents. That means allowing a 'broad church' and spectrum for people to visit, reside in and become citizens of TSP. I encourage open, fruitful and frank dialogue and discussion, whilst maintaining a high level of respect and courtesy.

Secure

At the same time, I believe the Delegate must also be the "keeper of the keys" and ensure that TSP is safe and secure.

I will ensure a safe and secure region by endotarting continually to maintain a strong delegacy to avoid the potential for coups, respecting our Administrative, Judicial, Security and Executive branches to perform their duties and functions in their own manner providing guidance and advice where solicited, and supporting and being guided by the CRS and Cabinet, on the impact on ourselves or our allies on WA-Security matters, and promoting those views to our citizens.

I will also look to support MoFA in the good work they have done at creating stable and secure interregional relations.

Please find enclosed a dispatch in support of my candidacy.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1147764

I am happy to answer your questions as they arise.
[-] The following 7 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Amerion, Bzerneleg, Divine Owl, Poppy, Somyrion, The Sakhalinsk Empire, The Solar System Scope

I, Beepee, in line with the requirements of the Elections Act, hereby truthfully declare the following information and conflicts of interest:

My WA and main Nation is Beepee, which has resided in TSP since I joined NS.

My only other previous WA Nation was my puppet Catenham which was originally created for a TSP event and was breifly my WA nation for the recent MoMA civilian army request at St. Abbadon. This puppet now resides in TSP.

I am a current TSP ambassador to the North Pacific, and I am therefore upon their forums, discord and have a puppet nation located there. I am also a former TSP ambassador to LCRUA, so am on their discord (although no longer active).

To undertake recent events, I have joined the forum of Forest and the West Pacific's discord. Although I am not active in either.

I have 3 other RP puppet nations, one for NS Sports forum (residing in a sporting region), one for Knowhere and one for Psomewhere (both residing in TSP). These are rarely used.

Given the above, I believe I have no known conflicts of interest which would affect my ability to run for Delegate of TSP. Should any of the above raise concern, please ask.
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Amerion, Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

If elected, how do you plan on using the Delegate's WA voting powers? I know you mention listening to the CRS and Cabinet on "WA-Security matters," but do you have any ideas beyond that, or in the General Assembly?
[Image: flag%20of%20esfalsa%20animated.svg] Esfalsa | NationStatesWiki | Roleplay | Discord

[Image: rank_officer.min.svg] [Image: updates_lifetime_2.min.svg] [Image: defenses_lifetime_4.min.svg] [Image: detags_lifetime_3.min.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Pronoun's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

Good luck on your campaigning ^-^
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poppy's post:
  • Beepee

@Pronoun asked

"If elected, how do you plan on using the Delegate's WA voting powers? I know you mention listening to the CRS and Cabinet on "WA-Security matters," but do you have any ideas beyond that, or in the General Assembly?"

TL;DR
Vote Beepee for Communication, Transparency and Leadership on WA matters

Thank you Pronoun for your important question.

Naturally, I will use my powers for good rather than evil.

General Assembly matters affect nations differently; some want to be anarchic, some want to be authoritarian. There isn't a clear line that be drawn on most general resolutions for TSP as a whole. This is why most of our delegates have let this be and then followed the majority; there is sense in that.

I would intend to do a couple of things:

Firstly, try and bring resolutions to the attention of members quickly: possibly using dispatches, as per TNP or through MoFA, although I'd like to reserve that for Security Council matters.

Side note: In addition, bringing attention early to a matter can increase our influence on a subject, as some will simply follow the majority.

Also, If I have a strong opinion on something, I'm will happily to suggest/encourage members to vote a particular way at that point.

Secondly, I'd like to try to facilitate a discussion on the resolution, possibly RMBside but tying it through discord and forums if possible.

If there's a clear favourite at that point, I may well vote that way, otherwise I'd wait for a majority like Tsu and Erinor have in the recent past.

Having those open discussions and hearing the opinions is a comfortable and subtle way of showing reisdents that joining WA and subsequently SWANing is important. It also retains visibility for the Delegate and can nudge people towards wider integration.

Finally, I would seek to aid transparency by keeping and publishing a 'delegates voting record' highlighting:

1. Description or Title of Resolution
2. My Vote (For or Against)
3. TSP Vote (For and Against)

This would be an easy and visual way to show that I am working with and for the many nations of our great TSP.

Further to that... In the past, we've toyed with a WA officer to do this. There is some merit in that approach also, but I consider the Assembly and Cabinet, in particular MoFA and PM, would have to have serious/detailed discussions and make decisions on this topic.

Vote for the Bee!
[-] The following 3 users Like Beepee's post:
  • North Prarie, Poppy, Pronoun

(01-02-2019, 08:12 PM)Poppy Wrote: Good luck on your campaigning ^-^

Thank you.

I have added your comment to my Q&A dispatch
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1148230
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Gordon Freeman, Poppy

Beepee would be an infinitely better candidate then I. #anyoneotherthanherp
- Winner of 'Most Energetic Campaign' in the June 2016 TSP elections.
- Winner of the Best Overall RMB poster and [b]Best RMB Welcomer of the The South Pacific Coconut Awards, 2017[/b]
- Craziest Person of the June 2017 Cabinet 
- STARS Commander 

- APC -  normal member/The undisputed king of all silliness, eternal ruler and God Emperor of APC
- Swan Knight or something
 Cob Award Winner: Top-50 most endorse buttons clicked
- Regional Leda Award Winner: Top-50 highest average endorsement count
[-] The following 3 users Like Gordon Freeman's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-02-2019, 09:49 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: Beepee would be an infinitely better candidate then I. #anyoneotherthanherp

But the Herp is the (anti-)hero we all need and deserve! #alwaystheHerp #mancrushmonday #Herp4Del
[-] The following 2 users Like Beepee's post:
  • Gordon Freeman, Poppy

(01-02-2019, 09:49 PM)Gordon Freeman Wrote: Beepee would be an infinitely better candidate then I. #anyoneotherthanherp

If you really don't want people to vote for you, why are you campaigning? New players may get confused and support you, which you explicitly state is against your wishes. If you do not want people to vote for you, take down your campaign.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Poppy

(01-02-2019, 09:58 PM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote:

If you really don't want people to vote for you, why are you campaigning? New players may get confused and support you, which you explicitly state is against your wishes. If you do not want people to vote for you, take down your campaign. 

I don't think people would be so dumb as to vote for him when his campaign is explicitly a joke campaign. At least, I don't think the legislators would be so dumb as to do so (even if some wa members gameside might) but I really doubt he'll get past the assembly vote so I don't think it really matters
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 2 users Like Poppy's post:
  • Beepee, North Prarie