We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more!

(01-06-2019, 05:57 AM)The Solar System Scope Wrote: Hi, my dear co-candidate~

What do you plan to do if things do not seem to go your way, like if the various ministries or other governmental bodies do not seem to be willing or capable of cooperating with you in the way you want or cannot carry out your plans for the region?

What is your opinion with the relations we have to other regions? Is there some region you would like to strengthen or weaken our bonds with?

The delegate is not the PM, so it's not their job to cajole other officials into action (except, the case could be made, for the LC), so if there is no buy-in from others wrt any plans I may have, then that would be disappointing, but so be it. What I can do is focus on those things that are within my remit (like welcoming new nations and being approachable, keeping a watchful eye on the region, keeping endorsements up, helping out the LC etc.) and use my influence to encourage the nations of TSP and the assembly to seek continuous regional improvement and to hold their elected officials to account.

I do not think it is the place of the Delegate to dictate our foreign affairs agenda, only to serve to carry out that agenda as required, much as the Queen of the UK does not decide Britain's foreign affairs policy, but has been one of its most important diplomats. I would offer my services to the MoFA in this regard (for example, I was one of TSP's signatories to the constitional agreement in Lazarus last year, because that would have been significant to TWP, another signatory region) and not seek to influence their policy direction except as as any other member of the Assembly.
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 2 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia

Messages In This Thread
Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-03-2019, 03:14 PM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-05-2019, 07:34 PM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-06-2019, 08:15 AM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-06-2019, 09:33 AM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-06-2019, 12:35 PM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-07-2019, 08:06 AM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Pronoun - 01-07-2019, 09:08 PM
RE: Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more! - by Seraph - 01-08-2019, 02:55 AM