We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Seraphic Delegacy II: Eri-more!

Greetings, fellow South Pacificans,

Last year, it was both my honour and my pleasure to be your Delegate for the first half of the year and, with your permission, I would like to step back into that role for at least one more term.

Why is that? Well, in all honesty, being Delegate of the South Pacific was the most fun and the most rewarding position I have thus far enjoyed in NationStates and it felt a natural fit for my personality and talents. Just look at what I achieved! As part of my term and with the help of the Council on Regional Security, I pushed the endorsement count and World Assembly voting influence of the Delegate of the South Pacific up by by over 200 endorsements, 150% of what it was when I took over and the current record for most endorsements in TSP history, which in turn resulted in a higher endorsement cap for all nations. I also built a new kind of relationship with the RMB, even more so than during my stint as a Local Councillor two years previously and I was very keen last summer to let it all roll on for another term.. These were things I didn’t want to put down and hand over right away, not least because there was more to be done.

My anxiety and the brewing “Timscade” incident made me decide that it would be better for my mental health to take a break from NS instead, but I've been back for months now and have been steadily reintegrating into the regional apparatus, including joining both the Council on Regional Security and stepping up to help out on the Legislator Committee. Taking on these responsibilities has reminded me all the more of the joys and opportunities the Delegacy affords.

And there's still more to be done! Here are some things I've had in mind:
  • The Southern World Assembly iNitiative (SWAN) launched last summer at least in large part due to the increased focus on endorsements and influence seen during my term. I’d like the opportunity to return to the forefront of this initiative and promote the great work of United States of Vietnam, the Council on Regional Security and the MoRA in bringing this to fruition.
  • With a new Local Council due to be elected at the start of the term, the opportunity to shake up the political aspect of the gameside comes to us once more and I’d like to take the lead in helping new LC members find their feet and make the most of the powers granted to them by the Charter.
  • Having made myself available as a source of advice and encouragement on the RMB during my last term, and having experienced the value of such things myself, I’d like to create a network of resources that all nations can use to find help and support when they need it.

A vote for me is not a vote for radical change - I don't believe the Delegacy needs anything radical done to it. It is, however, a vote for continuous improvement, seeking out new opportunities for development in gameside governance and World Assembly affairs and, above all, it's a vote for a safe and caring pair of hands in which to entrust this most beloved of regions.

Once more, I would be your servant.

Now, here's a Conflict of Interest disclosure in order to fulfill all righteousness:

I currently only have one active nation (though others might not actually have CTEd yet...) that being Erinor in the South Pacific, where I hold Legislator status, am a member of the CRS and the Legislator Committee and am a Discord chat moderator.

Previous positions: TSP - Local Councillor, MoRA, Delegate, legal clerk (well, barely) and ambassadors to Albion and TNP. I was also the Founder and General Secretary of the Southern Progress Party and, before that, a member of the Island League.
Osiris - citizen for a month in 2016 (for an article I was writing)
The Celestial Union of Lazarus - citizen until the Funkadelia coup
Albion - citizen
TNP - citizen

Other nations (mostly CTEd):
Ezervolgyek
The Southern Pioneer
Wyngshade
Smokestack and Riddlepike
Terephah
Prospero on Tempest
SWAN proofreader
Seraphus
Founder of the Church of the South Pacific [Forum Thread] [Discord], a safe place to discuss spirituality for people of all faiths and none (currently looking for those interested in prayer and/or "home" groups);
And The Silicon Pens [Discord], a writer's group for the South Pacific and beyond!

Yahweo usenneo ir varleo, ihraneo jurlaweo hraseu seu, ir jiweveo arladi.
Salma 145:8
[-] The following 5 users Like Seraph's post:
  • Divine Owl, Felis Silvestris Grampia, Poppy, Roavin, The Solar System Scope

I suspect i may end up hesitantly supporting your bid for the Delegacy. Maybe.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 4 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Divine Owl, Poppy, Rebeltopia, Seraph

Considering you've been a Delegate for quite a while now, I suggest you let the newer nations try their bid. I've supported your Delegacy before, but it's 2019 and we should allow newer nations to try to run.
The Sakhalinsk Empire, Legislator of the South Pacific
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

Complete Conflict of Interest

You're running again?!

Now that makes this decision much harder...
AIDENFIEELD
Legislator in TSP | Active User of the RMB | Former Local Councillor | Member of The Ministry Of Regional Affairs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Divine Owl's post:
  • Poppy

(01-03-2019, 09:52 PM)Divine Owl Wrote: You're running again?!

Now that makes this decision much harder...

I wish so many people I respect and like would stop throwing their hats into the ring, it would be much easier if they could narrow themselves down to one obvious choice >:I
Nation: 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121
I'm more active gameside than here but either place I'd love to talk ^-^
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poppy's post:
  • Sanjurika

• What is your opinion on the current debate between Sandaoguo and Kringle about whether a High Court justice should have a security background or not?
  • As a legcomm member, do you believe that there should be more requirements for legislatorship, and/or do you believe the background check should be tougher on legislators? i.e, not allowing legislatorship to anyone who has ever been a citizen in, say, Balder or the Black Hawks?
  • What do you believe is the most necessary approach to prompt gamesiders to vote forumside? 
  •  Do you believe that evidence should be released publicly when an individual is banned or has their legislatorship status taken away? (Excluding situations like Yuno, Solorni, or 5-million population RMB spammers)
Midwesterner. Political nerd. Chipotle enthusiast. 
Minister of Culture of the South Pacific // Former Prime Minister
[-] The following 1 user Likes North Prarie's post:
  • Poppy

(01-03-2019, 08:44 PM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: Considering you've been a Delegate for quite a while now, I suggest you let the newer nations try their bid. I've supported your Delegacy before, but it's 2019 and we should allow newer nations to try to run.

Erm, Seraph had only served one term. Tsunamy is the current Delegate.
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 3 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-03-2019, 11:05 PM)Roavin Wrote:
(01-03-2019, 08:44 PM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote: Considering you've been a Delegate for quite a while now, I suggest you let the newer nations try their bid. I've supported your Delegacy before, but it's 2019 and we should allow newer nations to try to run.

Oh yeah I forgot. But he's served for quite a long time in the government already and it would be nice to see a fresh face in the Delegacy.
Currently a citizen and legislator of TSP. I am active as Sverigesriket in Europe.

(01-04-2019, 12:36 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot. But he's served for quite a long time in the government already and it would be nice to see a fresh face in the Delegacy. 

To jump in here, Seraph served ... one delegate term? And one term as MoRA? That doesn't seem excessive.

I also think it's important to remember a turn at the delegate's seat should be should be aspire to and achieve after service to the region. This specifically isn't a position that's intended for newer nations. We have a roster of positions for newer nations to get involved before graduating to the delegacy.
-tsunamy
[forum admin]
[-] The following 3 users Like Tsunamy's post:
  • Poppy, Rebeltopia, The Sakhalinsk Empire

(01-04-2019, 02:59 AM)Tsunamy Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 12:36 AM)The Sakhalinsk Empire Wrote:

To jump in here, Seraph served ... one delegate term? And one term as MoRA? That doesn't seem excessive.

I also think it's important to remember a turn at the delegate's seat should be should be aspire to and achieve after service to the region. This specifically isn't a position that's intended for newer nations. We have a roster of positions for newer nations to get involved before graduating to the delegacy. 
I'm not saying that the position is not just for newer nation; I'm trying to say that newer nations are now having the chance to run. They are newer compared to the other candidates, but they may have the same amount of experience or so.

And to clarify I'm okay with another Delegacy from Seraph - I've seen that he's a good leader.

[-] The following 3 users Like The Sakhalinsk Empire's post:
  • Beepee, Poppy, Seraph