We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Multi-stage application processes

I'm dabbling a bit in Politics & War to get an outside perspective on how things could be done, removed from the usual traditions and norms within NationStates.

In P&W, I decided to check out the top alliance, which is the NPO (which operates independently of the NS NPO, before anybody starts to worry). One thing I noticed there is that the application process for membership to an alliance (which would be the equivalent to a region in NationStates) is not just one form to be filled out, but rather a multi-step process. You will be asked questions about your history, expected to confirm that you are aware of and understand responsibilities for membership, and then expected to complete a course within 14 days in an academy which includes an exit exam.

I've not seen such a system in NationStates, but I'm intrigued by the possibilities. The academy portion could help get people rudimentarily familiar with our legislature, they could agree to not commit the crimes listed, and other such things. It seems like something we could try out, at least.

Thoughts?
[Image: XXPV74Y.png?1]
[-] The following 4 users Like Roavin's post:
  • Amerion, Bzerneleg, Poppy, Witchcraft and Sorcery

Messages In This Thread
[DISCUSSION] Multi-stage application processes - by Roavin - 02-23-2019, 05:24 AM