We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

Legal Question (interpret the meaning and application of a law) [1909] Standard Moderation Policy

[Image: BYEo2lg.png]

Determination of Justiciability

Whereas New Haudenosaunee Confederacy has requested this Court that a review be conducted on certain issues related to the interpretation of the law with the following question:

I ask the court if this, specifically the bolded part, is actually a standard moderation policy, as it is not consistently enforced, as shown by this, a double post by Sword of Summer (although the second post was later deleted, it was originally suppressed), and this double post by Concrete Slab.

Whereas this Court has conducted a careful review of the merits of such a request on the basis of its legal necessity and potential to impact present and future policies.

It is resolved with respect to these Legal Questions as follows:
  1. It is not deemed justiciable.
  2. The Court may provide an opinion on its reasons for issuing this determination, at the request of the petitioner, or any party so authorised by them, no later than seven days following the publication of this Determination.
It is so ordered.

Kris Kringle
Chief Justice
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System
[-] The following 2 users Like Kris Kringle's post:
  • New Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Poppy

Messages In This Thread
Determination of Justiciability - by Kris Kringle - 03-11-2019, 10:16 PM