We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

[DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives

(03-23-2019, 07:05 AM)Bzerneleg Wrote: Also, I'd like to clarify that in the A.B. bill coding system that I mentioned earlier, A stands for Assembly and B stands for bill.

So... can you make a full code for both the original debate thread of law and an amendment? Where does the law initials go?
Also (assuming this is what you mean):
A.LPA.B.1 (1st amendment) and A.LPA.B (Original debate thread) have the small problem that you can't search for a specific original debate thread because when you type in "A.LPA.B" you get all the amendments.

But what happens when an original debate thread (for a new law) fails?
Say, the Legislator Procedure act had a forerunner by the same name that failed. In my system, you could do something like:
A.LPA.B.1.F (Original one that failed)
A.LPA.B.2.P (Second bill that passed)
A.LPA.1.P (First amendment that passed)
And I know that looks like a lot of letters, but to be honest, it is much more clear than the current amendment titles which are basically whatever you want them to be.
[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DISCUSSION] Reorganization of the Assembly Forums and Archives - by Jebediah - 03-24-2019, 07:11 AM