We've moved, ! Update your bookmarks to https://thesouthpacific.org! These forums are being archived.

Dismiss this notice
See LegComm's announcement to make sure you're still a legislator on the new forums!

2016 Peruvian Presidential Election

Election Day!

Voting starts at 8AM EST (-5) and closes at 4PM. As is already traditional, presidential candidates organize breakfasts with their families, campaign teams or particular groups of people, with the press showing part of the breakfasts. Since polling is banned in the week before the election, the first polls will be shown at 4PM, as soon as voting closes.

Keiko Fujimori is the frontrunner with over 40% of the vote, below the 50%+1 needed to avoid a runoff. Pedro Pablo Kuczynski is second with around 20%, closely followed by Verónika Mendoza with a difference of less than 1%. Many Peruvians are worried Mendoza will follow the Venezuelan model and the state-driven model of the 1970s, while opposition to Fujimori has grown fiercer, with many claiming that her hypothetical victory would be a return to the corruption and authoritarianism of the 1990s. Many say Kuczynski is the only able to beat Fujimori.

I'll keep updating as the day goes on.
Former Delegate of the South Pacific
Posts outside High Court venues should be taken as those of any other legislator.
I do not participate in the regional server, but I am happy to talk through instant messaging or on the forum.

Legal Resources:
THE MATT-DUCK Law Archive | Mavenu Diplomatic Archive | Rules of the High Court | Case Submission System | Online Rulings Consultation System

Messages In This Thread
RE: News from your Country - by Kris Kringle - 04-10-2016, 08:50 AM